Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #121
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford E-450
@whywalk Fridge is the Engel MT35F-U1 AC/DC Fridge/Freezer. Not cheap, but it was just what I was looking for.

Been working on the bathroom and some plumbing this week. I finished off the shower walls with poly wall panels and installed a Dura Faucet RV style shower faucet and shower head. The plumbing is easily accessible from under the kitchen sink.

I also drilled a hole and installed a section of 1 1/2" PVC for my Nature's Head toilet vent. The outside cover is a little PVC cover I picked up on Amazon.

mattbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #122
Bus Crazy

Are you sure that you don't want to take your toilet vent out the roof? I honestly believe what some folks say that overall they don't smell too bad but there will be moments.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #123
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
I, too, have a Nature's Head. I don't have it vented outside and I don't have any odor emanating from it.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:08 AM   #124
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford E-450
@dan-fox @captsquid I guess we'll find out! I've seen many skoolies, RV's and tiny homes with Nature's Head vented out the side as well so I'm thinking it will be fine, but it's something I can always change down the road if it is a problem.

The bathroom is mostly finished now, I just need to hang the shower curtain which will go around the two open sides. I also might move the exhaust tubing to the other side of the toilet, but it's a really tight fit between the wall so I may try to modify the exhaust fitting to make it a little more low profile to fit between the toilet and the wall.

Other small updates have been insulating the rear wall and installing the water inlet hatch.

mattbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #125
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Awsome shower room, i was going to vent N-H underneath the bus, but out the side dosent look to bad ow that i seen you do it. but 1 1/2" seems a bit large to me, hope i can find one no bigger than 1", I dont see how the smell could be a problem unless you plan on sitting outside next to it with nose to ass. That tube does look like its going to be a problem with shower tho. Does the vent tube have to be that large or can we reduce it to smaller one.?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #126
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbus View Post
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and comments. Definitely motivating!

@jtgt25 I think some setups you do need to loop it, but I guess I'll find out when I start driving mine more! I'm just assuming since their were shut offs, that it was how they turned off the rear heater in the summer time since there is not another switch or anything. I'm going to do as much as I can with solar/battery banks but not sure if I'll be able to work out a fully viable heat solution that way yet.

@Rusty Definitely a bit OCD, haha. I take all my tools back in and clean/organize things every few days. I'm not sure if it wastes more time putting everything back, or looking for them when I don't put them back... haha.

Dry fit the sink and faucet. I really need a new jig saw, the sink hole required over an hour of cutting and sanding

Sink looking a lot better than the one in my home kitchen...
What are you going to do about the gap between the back of the counter and the windows? I see water and crumbs getting back there which I don't want but haven't seen addressed in other builds yet.