Old 08-21-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Chassis: e450 super duty
Engine: 7.3l ford powerstroke
Cannabus.

Should I change my bus name to Cannabus & paint it army green & black instead.? Im debating.

My ride is starting to look more like more motorhome less bus more home, I lost track of how much money I put into it all ready, I just don't even want to think about it anymore. I just started to leak oil, so I am little frustrated since in order to change the oil pan gasket you have to lift the entire motor, o'well just one more thing on the list.

My interior design. you want it.? since my dad would kill me if I downloaded CAD on his computer you will just need to use your imagination.

The side walls will get finished with insulation inside obviously, than black diamond plate along the side panels just under the windows the full length of the bus for the finish look.

The roof will get liquid rubber coating, insulation than bendable ply wood like what skateboard ramps are made of followed by black diamond plate aluminum sheet (.025 thickness ) to give the finish look of the roof.

The Floor will get liquid rubber coating, followed by a membrane than thin plywood with a dark cherry red finish wood, such as this.

The layout will look something like this.
The counter top will be black diamond plate with red sink. The table may be black diamond plate im still debating on that but to get an idea of what the inside is going to look like, similar to this but black diamond plate. red and Black diamond plate is the color theme for the inside.

my dresser will look like this but red and black like the previous pic. .

As far a a bed goes im still playing with the idea of using a truck cargo net that hangs from the first two pilliars and the last two pillars from the ceiling, & I will be sleeping above my counter, sink table and everything close to the roof but its not a for sure thin, every night I will pull it out of a corner attach the hooks pull tension and throw my small air mattress up and good to go. I hope I explained it well enough to get the idea.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:12 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Sounds gnarly...go for it! And I like the industrial grade hammock idea too.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:15 PM   #3
Skoolie

My Dynamat is put it and I must admit I am extremely pleased with it, before I couldn't drive 5 mph down the dirt road to get to work because the rattling and noise was ridiculous, but now im driving 10-15 mph down the dirt road. Night & Day difference.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
Skoolie

My Flowmaster Hushpower Pro series 4" center in 4" center out is here.
now im waiting for my Bellowed up pipes in the mail, should be here in a few days. I have my intake pipe already installed. but thanks to California's strict laws I ordered my 4" exhaust pipes from Diamond eye but a few hours later they refunded me in full saying they cant ship to California so I need someone outside of California to receive my package anyone.??
but soon as I get that In I can rebuild my turbo, and put an upgraded compressor wheel in it as well. Im goingto take my exhaust manifolds off to do a gasket match port & polish on them as well as sand blast and ceramic coat them. everything will be done by me im not paying anyone to do anything. im going to get my full exhaust ceramic coated to reduce the heat. should be awesome ya.?
Old 08-21-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Sounds gnarly...go for it! And I like the industrial grade hammock idea too.
Thanks interior is giving me a little headache but im sure it does to everyone. I hope the hammock idea works out well.
Old 08-21-2016, 10:47 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Good plan. I ceramic coated my SS turbo downpipe inside & out. Actually...I paid someone to coat it. Don't have that kind of gear in my shop. Also added the volcanic heat wrap and a separate shield to help keep the doghouse from melting down. As you no doubt know...turbo exhaust is seriously HOT!
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:00 PM   #7
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Good plan. I ceramic coated my SS turbo downpipe inside & out. Actually...I paid someone to coat it. Don't have that kind of gear in my shop. Also added the volcanic heat wrap and a separate shield to help keep the doghouse from melting down. As you no doubt know...turbo exhaust is seriously HOT!
Nice, yea luckily I work for a guy that does porting & polishing, ceramic coating & turbo rebuilding on performance cars, we sponsor the fastest Subaru in colroado as of right now. so I have access to everything I need, sandblast cabinet, turbocharger balance machine, etc.. as long a I bring a case of beer to work.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:43 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
at least you dont have V-band clamps to deal with... im STILL chasing an exhaust leak in mine around the V-band clamp between the turbo and the exhaust downpipe...

I love dynamat.. in my case im using Hushmat but similar stuff.. it works good for heat and sound both.. my bus still rattles like crazy but slowly and surely my hushmatting is making it cooler in the driver cockpit...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 07:48 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine16 View Post
Nice, yea luckily I work for a guy that does porting & polishing, ceramic coating & turbo rebuilding on performance cars, we sponsor the fastest Subaru in colroado as of right now. so I have access to everything I need, sandblast cabinet, turbocharger balance machine, etc.. as long a I bring a case of beer to work.
That's awesome!
Let me know if yall even want some side work doing some moped parts of mine!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
at least you dont have V-band clamps to deal with... im STILL chasing an exhaust leak in mine around the V-band clamp between the turbo and the exhaust downpipe...

I love dynamat.. in my case im using Hushmat but similar stuff.. it works good for heat and sound both.. my bus still rattles like crazy but slowly and surely my hushmatting is making it cooler in the driver cockpit...

-Christopher
Keep chasein you are bound to find it eventually to bad they dont make a dye you can add to help spot it like they do for oil. Or do they.?