Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-15-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
American's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: US of the A
Posts: 36
Chevy Bus. Come see our new home!

So, we got busted up at the 422 auction last weekend. I couldn't make a decision. If was way to hectic and I was nervous about making a stupid move...basically...I froze.

So. I decided to bid online. Here is what I bought. I figured either way it's a good starter project. Please don't be shy about tearing it apart. I would rather know now if it's a piece of junk than find out too late. We will have time and money to love on it before it gets run through the ringer next summer with our leather business.

Anyway...the tires looked nice.

Mathies & Sons, Inc. - 422 Sales
American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #2
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 266
Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
Nice buy.

I dig it. Great Price I say. The Chevy 6.0 is a pretty sweet gasser. Ive had several in 3/4 and 1-ton pickups. Great power, terrible gas mileage. Tires are cheap for those little guys too!
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie
 
American's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: US of the A
Posts: 36
SDR76 sending good news. Gracias. I bid on this so last second, I figured it was gonna have to be the Lord if I got it. I'd like to build my leather shop on top of the bus...like a funky double decker. I could hang big hides off the side and put on a show for the people. (This, of course, would be one of those ideas that last until reality sets in.
American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #4
Bus Nut
 
Carytowncat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Richmond Virginia
Posts: 893
Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Oh she's beautiful, and you wont have to deal with any of the "where the h$!! am i going to park this mammoth!" drama. Leather you say? Where are you located, i would like to come and see a leathersmith shop on a bus for sure, what a cool idea.

My grandfather was in the Navy and left me his leather working tools. I did a lot of leather work with my mom when i was a kid. Still love a good piece of leather so much that i actually hang onto old leather purses when i find 'em. Got one i even write my troubles on a piece of paper and put in there, i tell you the thing is either magic or someone is listening because the results are profound!

oh yeah i forgot this is a school bus forum, silly me.

Congrats on the bus, must have been meant to be .
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 06:31 AM   #5
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 5,038
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
looks like a good solid bus to me.. the rust looks minimal, floors look clean.. has dash A/C for driving, I think you got a good bus.. id say drive it some before you convert just to make sure it runs and drives nicely..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:11 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie
 
American's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: US of the A
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
looks like a good solid bus to me.. the rust looks minimal, floors look clean.. has dash A/C for driving, I think you got a good bus.. id say drive it some before you convert just to make sure it runs and drives nicely..

-Christopher
GREAT! I knew you guys would see things that I wouldn't even know to look for. Thank you for your input. I'm ready to get back on the road!!
American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:18 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie
 
American's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: US of the A
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Oh she's beautiful, and you wont have to deal with any of the "where the h$!! am i going to park this mammoth!" drama. Leather you say? Where are you located, i would like to come and see a leathersmith shop on a bus for sure, what a cool idea.

My grandfather was in the Navy and left me his leather working tools. I did a lot of leather work with my mom when i was a kid. Still love a good piece of leather so much that i actually hang onto old leather purses when i find 'em. Got one i even write my troubles on a piece of paper and put in there, i tell you the thing is either magic or someone is listening because the results are profound!

oh yeah i forgot this is a school bus forum, silly me.

Congrats on the bus, must have been meant to be .
Hey man! We are here in Akron, OH but our shop has gone mobile We have been on the road for years but we lost our transmission on our travel van. We sell American Cowhide Belts that I cut off the hide. I put a link to our Amazon Shop below. The bus will be a fun mobile shop. I will probably buy another camper and pull the house.

I would love to see your Grandfather's tools. They "really" don't make them like they used to. If you need more leather to practice on, let me know. Our scraps pieces are pretty small (no waste ) but it still might be fun. One thing about our leather...it is thick. This means it stamps really well.

https://www.amazon.com/handmade/Amer...ref=hnd_dp_smp
American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #8
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 5,038
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
Hey man! We are here in Akron, OH but our shop has gone mobile We have been on the road for years but we lost our transmission on our travel van. We sell American Cowhide Belts that I cut off the hide. I put a link to our Amazon Shop below. The bus will be a fun mobile shop. I will probably buy another camper and pull the house.

I would love to see your Grandfather's tools. They "really" don't make them like they used to. If you need more leather to practice on, let me know. Our scraps pieces are pretty small (no waste ) but it still might be fun. One thing about our leather...it is thick. This means it stamps really well.

https://www.amazon.com/handmade/Amer...ref=hnd_dp_smp
fellow ohioan here.. C-bus.. (except when im escaping the cold at my apartment in florida or driving all over creation in my school bus).

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #9
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
Posts: 324
Year: 1997
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
Welcome from Cuyahoga Falls. I just looked at your amazon store. Really cool... Mobile shop is way cool idea...
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie
 
American's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: US of the A
Posts: 36
Leadsleo01!
Good day fellow ohio-an. Thank you for checking out our shop. I too love the idea of a mobile shop...the only trouble is I'm gonna be fighting square footage with toys and bikes. I'm gonna need to speak with HR.

Enjoy the sunshine today. Beautiful day to be living.
American is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.