I did some more touch ups and drove around the lake by my house today. While I was out taking this picture a couple drove up and asked about it and expressed their interest in buying it off of me if I was going to sell it, as they thought it would be great for their youth paddle sports program, to be able to hook up a trailer full of kayaks and paddleboards and haul the kids to places around the lake and riversports area to paddle around. I gave them my business card and told them if they were still interested to check back with me in May to see if I am going to sell the bus or move to phase 2 renovations, which I probably will because I want to at least do a beach road trip in this thing before I possibly sell it. That means I'll need to keep the seat though if I take them out of the bus.
I took some time trying to fix the horn and wipers, before I spent the money getting a new wiper motor I wanted to make absolutely sure that the motor/circuit board was bad. I chased the wires, made sure connections were solid, tested the voltage and everything looked good, so I just turned the wiper switch on and went to the front and wiggled the wipers arms and sure enough, after some effort, the motor broke free of it's frozen state and began working again. I guess the wipers weren't used in a long long time. The washer fluid pump works too, except there is a crack in the line right under the cowl so I need to get some new hose and replace that to get the fluid to spray where it is supposed to.
After that, I noticed that the horn/dm spot was missing its fuse, so I plugged one in and immediately the bus buzzer started going off. Well, that explains why they removed that fuse! I just cut the wire to the buzzer since it was not sensing all of the doors and windows were closed, and I wire-nut closed it off to prevent it from making contact with anything, and then found that the horn actually did work with the fuse plugged in. Unfortunately, I came out later on to find that the bus battery was drained, meaning that capping the end of the wire wasn't good enough of a solution and the control box was still trying to send voltage to the buzzer and it was slow draining the battery somehow, most likely through the control box itself so I need to find out what else I should unplug, cap off. For now, I'm happy that the horn circuit works and I'll just only plug the fuse in when I'm going to drive the bus (just have to remember to take it out when I'm done until I fix the issue!)
So at that, the only remaining issues are that I need to replace the slightly squeaky belt (and obtain a new spare) and get the tv and wall mount installed to complete the entertainment system. Once that is done, the Phase 1 bachelor party conversion will be complete!