Old 01-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Chassis: Shuttle or Shorty. Still hunting
Engine: Prefer Diesel
Rated Cap: 14 to 24 pref
Update:
Ordered cabinets($1943) and sofa/ bed($1050) from Ikea. I am seriously in need of THE BUS SOON!!!
Running out of stuff to buy, except the one item to put it all in.
The layout of that pic of cabinets is front of bus to right, and bath to left(neither shown)

Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ikea3.jpg (59.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png ikea1.png (167.8 KB, 9 views)
Defjr333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Rough trace of floor plan to compare with cabinet pic. Gonna be tight fitting all the guts in the available areas left over, but it looks do-able.
Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img001.jpg (54.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 01-07-2018, 02:20 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
If it "looks doable on paper"...it probably isn't in the bus. Just a personal observation.
Tango is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
If it "looks doable on paper"...it probably isn't in the bus. Just a personal observation.
LOL. The only part I am questioning is the small 2'x4' area behind the kitchen wall to the side of the shower. That area needs to house batteries, generator, and LP system(separated sections vented outside). May need to look at the next size up Shuttle, or (gasp) a real shorty. I am slowly starting to edge closer to a real shorty..Would like an actual "garage" in the rear anyways..Will see!
Doug
Old 01-07-2018, 03:34 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Anyone out there with access to a couple "shorties" can send me some interior dimensions to get me thinking on? IE: how many windows and its xx by xx inside(from back of driver seat to rear wall, and side to side.)

Doug
Old 01-07-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
As much as you are starting to pile in a build without something to build it into I am starting to think you are an architect student and are concerned with making a space look good but don't actually know how much room an electrical panel box and wiring drain line or insulated water line actually needs.
If I am wrong please call me on it.
But you are starting to sound like my wife when she was a residential architect and she would ask me what I thought about this design.
I would say the electrician needs more room here and you just screwed the plumber there.
You have to think about the actual workings? Electrical,water in,drain out. All is different depending on your specific bus/house.
Even with all the knowledge and opinions here and can guarantee that there is NO cookie cutter builds.
I think you need a mid size bus/shuttle instead of a shorty to fit all of that into comfortably.?
That's just an opinion.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 98
Coachwork: 1. Corbeil & 2. Thomas
Chassis: 1 ford e350 2 mercedes
Engine: 7.3 powerstroke & MBE906
That is cute set-up. Do you plan on a composting toilet? If so the I would make a slide out in that 2x4 area and make the shower smaller. The 2x4 would get smaller to 2 x2-1/2 but since it is about 3 ft high you still could get 3 batteries in the bottom and a propane tank on top.

Later j
joeblack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #28
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
As much as you are starting to pile in a build without something to build it into I am starting to think you are an architect student and are concerned with making a space look good but don't actually know how much room an electrical panel box and wiring drain line or insulated water line actually needs.
But you are starting to sound like my wife when she was a residential architect and she would ask me what I thought about this design.
I would say the electrician needs more room here and you just screwed the plumber there.
You have to think about the actual workings? Electrical,water in,drain out. All is different depending on your specific bus/house.
Even with all the knowledge and opinions here and can guarantee that there is NO cookie cutter builds.
I think you need a mid size bus/shuttle instead of a shorty to fit all of that into comfortably.?
That's just an opinion.
Nah ... he's just a guy anticipating his first bus and getting excited about it

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:55 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
That's just an opinion.
WELL THEN.....I have deleted 3 different replies before posting this one as to keep things PG. So I will leave it at that. Its the safest thing for sure.

NOW back to the QUESTION......anybody with shorty interior dimensions?
Doug
Old 01-07-2018, 04:58 PM   #30
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblack5 View Post
That is cute set-up. Do you plan on a composting toilet? If so the I would make a slide out in that 2x4 area and make the shower smaller. The 2x4 would get smaller to 2 x2-1/2 but since it is about 3 ft high you still could get 3 batteries in the bottom and a propane tank on top.

Later j
No on the composting toilet. I went with a Thetford cassette style. Got a deal on the toilet, shower base, and tilt away sink.
Doug