Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Oshkosh
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Liter Turbo
Rated Cap: 87
Does anyone recognize this manufacturer emblem?

I'm looking at a short bus that I'm considering buying. I believe this is the manufacturer's emblem. Does anyone recognize who's emblem this is?

I wasn't sure which section to post this in, so please move it if it's not the appropriate location.
Attached Images

Freedom_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Does anyone recognize this manufacturer emblem?

It is too small for me to make out any distinct pattern.
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

Ward???
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Okay I gotta ask.
What does it say?
The picture doesn't have any depth...
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygoat
Ward???
Good guess, but I think not. I saved the picture to my PC so I could blow it up - There is certainly a capital "W" toward the middle, followed by a lower case "a." But I checked the ward logo, and "ward" uses all lower case under a bus outline, with the lettering going the full length of the logo. Plus, in Freedom_Bus' picture, there the diagonal bars on the left side that look like an eagle's wings or something.

So I looked at it again. The "Wa" is definite, the rest is indistinct, but the end of the panel is smooth above the last letter. No top for a lower case "d" to spell "ward."

So I guessed "Wayne." The first logo reference I found online was a stylized "W," described as the "new" logo. A little more searching, and found someone on eBay selling a sales brochure for a 1983 Wayne short bus. And there it was. The diagonal lines are the headdress on a Native American/First Nations' head facing toward the capital "W."

So Wayne it is.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Oshkosh
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Liter Turbo
Rated Cap: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygoat
Ward???
Good guess, but I think not. I saved the picture to my PC so I could blow it up - There is certainly a capital "W" toward the middle, followed by a lower case "a." But I checked the ward logo, and "ward" uses all lower case under a bus outline, with the lettering going the full length of the logo. Plus, in Freedom_Bus' picture, there the diagonal bars on the left side that look like an eagle's wings or something.

So I looked at it again. The "Wa" is definite, the rest is indistinct, but the end of the panel is smooth above the last letter. No top for a lower case "d" to spell "ward."

So I guessed "Wayne." The first logo reference I found online was a stylized "W," described as the "new" logo. A little more searching, and found someone on eBay selling a sales brochure for a 1983 Wayne short bus. And there it was. The diagonal lines are the headdress on a Native American/First Nations' head facing toward the capital "W."

So Wayne it is.
Wow... great job! I can't believe you figured that out. It took me forever to find a Wayne logo that looked like that.

Turns out the bus I am looking at is a 1975 Wayne Busette. So far I've only seen photos & the guy told me it was a 1985. lol Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
oo1974WayneLogo.jpg  
Freedom_Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Where is the pic?!?
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

The Wayne logo (and company) morphed a lot since 1836. What a shame that such a great old company finally fell. Here is the placard they mounted on my '46...

Still trying to find out how and if it was painted. If all else fails, I'll polish it.

I know...the tag says "Since 1868". But that was just the "Works" personna. The original Wayne (agricultural) Company goes back to before the Civil War. And there were a lot of other ventures & products as well. All the way up to the late 1990's.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Wayne

Tango After going thru my saved pics of literature the closest thing I could come up with was their logo painted yellow in the center and white on the outside and black letters. Polished with black letters would be s'cool or maybe even your bus color with a white ring and black letters. I might just keep the several layers of house paint on mine for nostalgia!
lars larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM   #10
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

Tango, I think you should go with the 3 colors--it'l keep you busy 'till some time in 2015 getting it done and in the mean time I'll finish my bus and have time to come your way to supervise. HA! Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT

Hey Jack --- Either way I will very likely still be "in progress" so bring it on. Your assistance would be a blessing. Like I said, I figured on this being a two year project. And after a year and a half, I must be right on schedule cause I still only have about two years to go.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote