Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2017, 08:56 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
If it has a 466, I'd like to see the dog house inside. The back of the engine would have to be about even with the back of the drivers seat.

Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Has anybody talked to you about the Ford cutaway buses? There are strong opinions against fords and there are better choices out there, not to disrespect anybody that's already got a ford.
No not specifically anything about the buses. I tried to do as much research as I could on here and I did see a decent amount of info against them, but I also saw a decent amount for them. Our main reason for wanting a cutaway would be for the maneuverability and insurance purposes. We were already about to convert a E450 cargo van but then thought about a skoolie and loved that idea more. Plus, it fits our price range better. I am ALLLL ears when it comes to something like this so I would LOVE as much info as possible.

Roach,

although the 6.0 is infamous, is this something I should look into RATHER than he 7.3? Will the size of the 7.3 really make it THAT much more difficult? I am not a mechanic in anyway and I don't want to find myself regretting the buy some years down the road.
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Booyah,

If it ends up being a 466, I would gladly show everyone haha
Old 12-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I've also heard people argue both ways concerning Ford cutaways. It's the fact that there is chatter and discussion that bothers me. You'll need to learn about the possible negative issues.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:48 PM   #25
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
I have a Ford cutaway w/ ambulance body and the 7.3 IDI. Only bad thing I noticed was it was harder to work on some stuff on the engine due to access, other stuff was easier to get to.

I had a cutaway van shuttle, but didn't notice anything terrible.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I have a Ford cutaway w/ ambulance body and the 7.3 IDI. Only bad thing I noticed was it was harder to work on some stuff on the engine due to access, other stuff was easier to get to.

I had a cutaway van shuttle, but didn't notice anything terrible.
nice! an ambulance body huh? how's that treating ya? what is the interior dimensions? is it comparable to a e450 body?

Tags
dt466, e450, short bus