Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2017, 05:24 PM   #121
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Yeah definitely wanna see what you can do with this fan of mine.

Drove McShortface out to meet some forum members today and show them the RYO bus. Lizbitz67 is REALLY nice... A really cool couple from NC passing through FL. I just LOVE visitors, especially visitors who like to talk BUSES!
Safe travels, yall.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #122
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 9,237
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Sweet!!! I love meeting fellow skoolies too! There are some in st Pete area, haven't seen them seem interested in meeting yet, soon the fan testing on my end will kick into high gear, I got the bus 90% pit back together , new harness is run to. Clutch, oil pump water pump new belts new clutch and blade all back together, new blade even fit the shroud without mods. Flush and refilled the coolant with the new amsoil ELC. Tomorrow I should have the wiring all finished in the dash and just need to refill the heater loops separate .. if it doesn't rain I may be able to start the bus and test. Supposed to be 80 Saturday here so I'll know once I get the air out of the poking system if it's better, oh yeah gotta. Ha he the oil, but that's easy.

Hoping to be on my way to Florida in time for Ocala. Are you going?
Christoher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:43 PM   #123
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Sweet!!! I love meeting fellow skoolies too! There are some in st Pete area, haven't seen them seem interested in meeting yet, soon the fan testing on my end will kick into high gear, I got the bus 90% pit back together , new harness is run to. Clutch, oil pump water pump new belts new clutch and blade all back together, new blade even fit the shroud without mods. Flush and refilled the coolant with the new amsoil ELC. Tomorrow I should have the wiring all finished in the dash and just need to refill the heater loops separate .. if it doesn't rain I may be able to start the bus and test. Supposed to be 80 Saturday here so I'll know once I get the air out of the poking system if it's better, oh yeah gotta. Ha he the oil, but that's easy.

Hoping to be on my way to Florida in time for Ocala. Are you going?
Christoher
We're goin to YellowXJ's on the 22nd, yes.
Cant wait to see you and your bus, I'm very interested to see how your cooling system does and I'd love to have you look at my engine with your computer if possible.
You think you'll make it there?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 AM   #124
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
One day, I'm gona end up putting one of these in a shorty for the fun of it.


https://www.truckpaper.com/listings/...1989-cat-3406b
Maybe find an older shorty with a bad engine... swap in the big Cat and a ten speed.
I dream of this bus from time to time.
It would use a lot of fuel, but man it would be BADASS.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:13 AM   #125
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 9,237
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
thered be more engine than bus!.. you could take it to the track and bust hard in the 1/8 mile LOL.. or at least have good 300 ft times..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 AM   #126
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
thered be more engine than bus!.. you could take it to the track and bust hard in the 1/8 mile LOL.. or at least have good 300 ft times..
-Christopher
I'd LOVE to have a hot rod shorty!
I also think we could all have fun doing a 1/4 mile night at some drag strip with our buses. Imagine- "annual skoolie drags".
If this year goes well like I'm hoping, I'll get this going next year.
I'm thinking a 6-8 window CE bus of some kind (something cool), and this drivetrain would be a real dandy. The firewall would likely be cut, and a doghouse could be added. Imagine a larger version of a Thomas Vista sort of setup.
Or even some radical mid engine design built from a FE bus.
Maybe I'll keep my McShortface so long, one day I'll HAVE to replace the engine and I'll just go apeshit on modding it!?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:51 AM   #127
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 9,237
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
a Hotrod bus was what I had started with my first bus... the little Bluebird with a 454... before i lost interest in it I had built up the 454 to some extent...

it did Squeal the tires....

But a Coal-Rollin Diesel Hotrod bus sounds mega-fun!

peter-bilt style stacks comin up right next to the windshield..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:55 AM   #128
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
a Hotrod bus was what I had started with my first bus... the little Bluebird with a 454... before i lost interest in it I had built up the 454 to some extent...

it did Squeal the tires....

But a Coal-Rollin Diesel Hotrod bus sounds mega-fun!

peter-bilt style stacks comin up right next to the windshield..
-Christopher
Stacks will be a MUST.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #129
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 14,158
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Just got back form Oreilly's. Ms McShortface is getting an oil change this afternoon.
Other than there being nearly 5 gallons of oil in it, shouldn't be too bad.
Plenty of room to get under it!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #130
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
How difficult do you think it would be to replace a 5.9 with that 8.3?

Also, why would you want to put a cat in your bus? Previously cats were one of my favorite engines to work on, but then I wasn't buying the parts.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.