Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #261
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
That's not a bad idea. Put one on each side.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'd use steel, so not to have dissimilar metals.
Plus steel diamond plate is way cheaper than Aluminum.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #262
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 702
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'd use steel, so not to have dissimilar metals.
Plus steel diamond plate is way cheaper than Aluminum.


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #263
Bus Nut
 
BowserJournal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ridge Manor, FL
Posts: 274
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 20 person
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
That seems to happen whenever a bus I'm bidding on gets mentioned publicly. Oh well, the reserve isn't met anyhow, and I wouldn't pay more than $1500-$2000 for it.
You bidding on another bus?
__________________
"Living Our Own Story"
The Bowser Journal
Watch our adventures by subscribing...
Youtube - bit.ly/TheBowserJournal
BowserJournal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #264
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowserJournal View Post
You bidding on another bus?
I refuse to answer that.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #265
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 633
Year: 2000
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: TE 444
Rated Cap: 12
that means yes
Kubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #266
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
No pics as I was working solo in the SCORCHING heat, but I managed to get a good bit of stuff done on the shorty.
pulled the power vent as it was leaky and rattly and loud. It seemed to do nothing but make noise. So the whole roof is sealed and solid now!
After that I broke in my new pneumatic grease gun with some heavy duty Amsoil synthetic grease. Hit the u joints, front end, and every grease fitting under the bus. I ended up so filthy I had to wash my arms off with gasoline.
After spending some time looking around under there, I've found a couple other little things to fix and address this summer. Overall, its clean and nice, though!
Runs great, and the engine is smoother and quieter after the HotShot's and Diesel Kleen.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #267
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,154
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
No vent. I can just see your bus clouding up like a VW Beetle.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 AM   #268
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Well, its been too hot to wanna fog out the shorty lately. But we've got at least one vent going up on the roof, maybe two.
Some tint, some curtains, and its gona be perfect!

I think this grease gun was less than thirty bucks! Man, I'm kicking myself for not owning one of these sooner.



https://www.harborfreight.com/air-gr...ose-68293.html
It DOES need to be primed, but once its packed with grease it works perfectly.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #269
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 8,569
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
No pics as I was working solo in the SCORCHING heat, but I managed to get a good bit of stuff done on the shorty.
pulled the power vent as it was leaky and rattly and loud. It seemed to do nothing but make noise. So the whole roof is sealed and solid now!
After that I broke in my new pneumatic grease gun with some heavy duty Amsoil synthetic grease. Hit the u joints, front end, and every grease fitting under the bus. I ended up so filthy I had to wash my arms off with gasoline.
After spending some time looking around under there, I've found a couple other little things to fix and address this summer. Overall, its clean and nice, though!
Runs great, and the engine is smoother and quieter after the HotShot's and Diesel Kleen.
I locve diesel KLEEN, havent tried the hotshots yet.. is that the oil additive or the fuel additive?
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:03 AM   #270
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 8,569
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
No vent. I can just see your bus clouding up like a VW Beetle.
school busses have enough other leaks the vents wont make much difference..

I need to get rid of them on mine, all they do is suck my Air-conditioning out.. and when its 101 out I need all the A/C i can get
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.