Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #291
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 8,569
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
yep plenty of water. I'm at home!
I work for a half hour then come in to cool down.
thats the way to do it!! you got good AC in there too!! too bad the city is such a PITA because your house and driveway area super for workin on stuff
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #292
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 702
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Its HOT today.
But the reflective tape and remaining decals have to come off!
That's exactly what I've been doing the past few of days lol. They loaded the bus up with it!
I don't know what I'm using to get the gluey residue off.



Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:50 PM   #293
Bus Nut
 
tobeamiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 702
Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeamiss View Post
That's exactly what I've been doing the past few of days lol. They loaded the bus up with it!
I don't know what I'm using to get the gluey residue off.

And don't get yourself sick again!!


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
oh yes she did!
http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/to...-it-16557.html
tobeamiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:25 AM   #294
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
After looking at the weather predictions for the next few days through the weekend, I may end up spraying it next week/weekend.
Anyone wanna grill some hot dogs and drink a couple beers next weekend?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:41 AM   #295
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 8,569
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I would if I didnt have an event to be here in ohio for on sunday.. my next trip down I might take the DEV, Ive been driving RedByrd, as i realize now, with a bad transmission modulator ever since i got it.. i never had kickdown.. it would shift when it shifted.. regardless of gas pedal.. the modulator never activated so any time I ran full throttle I was running low line pressure through it.. I changed the modulator, now it has nice kickdown like it should, but the transmission i figure is not long for this world.. it doesnt slip but sometimes it fails to downshift to first gear on a stop until after im stopped for like 30 seconds then Ill feel it downshift.. not sure I want to drive it to florida again until I change the transmission.. (which by the way a guy at Navistar when I was getting the modulator said upgrading to OD will likely solve any cooling issues the engine has..)..

when I come back will likely be on memorial day itself so I'll miss the weekend
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:37 PM   #296
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I would if I didnt have an event to be here in ohio for on sunday.. my next trip down I might take the DEV, Ive been driving RedByrd, as i realize now, with a bad transmission modulator ever since i got it.. i never had kickdown.. it would shift when it shifted.. regardless of gas pedal.. the modulator never activated so any time I ran full throttle I was running low line pressure through it.. I changed the modulator, now it has nice kickdown like it should, but the transmission i figure is not long for this world.. it doesnt slip but sometimes it fails to downshift to first gear on a stop until after im stopped for like 30 seconds then Ill feel it downshift.. not sure I want to drive it to florida again until I change the transmission.. (which by the way a guy at Navistar when I was getting the modulator said upgrading to OD will likely solve any cooling issues the engine has..)..

when I come back will likely be on memorial day itself so I'll miss the weekend
-Christopher
Right on, man. Keep up the good work!
I want you to drive my bus next time you're out this way. Just to compare.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #297
Skoolie
 
Stewzer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 137
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Fisher Body
Chassis: GM "B" Platform
Engine: 350 TBI Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 8
Woah, I know I don't get to hang around here much like I was for a while (damn two jobs) but nice progress man.
__________________
Closest I have to a Bus would be my '92 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon 1 of 4,347 built.
Stewzer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #298
Bus Crazy
 
M1031A1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Russell, Kansas
Posts: 1,227
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewzer55 View Post
Woah, I know I don't get to hang around here much like I was for a while (damn two jobs) but nice progress man.
You JUST have TWO jobs? Oh what I'd do to have ONLY two jobs...... I have FOUR part time jobs and can barely pay the bills....... Average about 74 hours a week, NO overtime......

M
__________________
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American peopleís liberty teeth and keystone under independence. ó George Washington
M1031A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:42 AM   #299
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 13,264
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
All the badges, logos, etc are gone now.
Got Dennis coming out this morning to start paint prep.

I'd head out there but I've gotta work.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #300
Skoolie
 
Stewzer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Carlisle, Ohio
Posts: 137
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Fisher Body
Chassis: GM "B" Platform
Engine: 350 TBI Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031A1 View Post
You JUST have TWO jobs? Oh what I'd do to have ONLY two jobs...... I have FOUR part time jobs and can barely pay the bills....... Average about 74 hours a week, NO overtime......

M
One full time, one part time. Every other weekend with the full time, part time has been asking a lot from me this month and throw in the other stuff, I'm barely home.
__________________
Closest I have to a Bus would be my '92 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser Station Wagon 1 of 4,347 built.
Stewzer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.