Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #441
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
The little things in life.
sucks that I have to consider parking in my own a yard a victory, but like I said- I'LL TAKE IT!
Yall know what this means???
I can now park my 40 footer in town as long as its titled as an RV/MH!!!!
I must have missed out on the fight but how could you not be able to park your own bus in your own yard? Even MD isn't that retarded.

Maybe if you have an HOA but that's a neighborhood thing. It's not a commercial vehicle unless you're using it for the lawn service. That could be a sticky point.

Or do you just have an asshole neighbor?

Quote:

Man, this duck is gonna look BOSS on the the shorty!
That is a big damn duck!!

Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:40 AM   #442
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I find having 2 drills is essential.. im always wanting to drill a pilot and then the real hole.. so much easier with 2 drills.. the cheapie cordless can run a small pilot drill size forever on a charge.. and then my good one is where the big bits go..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:34 PM   #443
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I find having 2 drills is essential.. im always wanting to drill a pilot and then the real hole.. so much easier with 2 drills.. the cheapie cordless can run a small pilot drill size forever on a charge.. and then my good one is where the big bits go..
-Christopher
I've got two of those already. Don't ever use both at the same time tho. But then I've also not done any "assembly line" work with them yet. Both are corded too.
Old 05-30-2017, 01:10 PM   #444
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I love my corded Ryobi.
But cordless tools are really handy.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:27 PM   #445
Bus Geek

Quote:
I love my corded Ryobi.
But cordless tools are really handy.
I had the same exact one the gf has. She's a ginger so I know she steals souls. I dunno about drills.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #446
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewerbob View Post
Sounds like you got taken for the ride unless it's newer and low miles. Only paid $3807 after auction fess for my 84 pax.
It's an 03 with 128K on the clock; good tires all around and in sound mechanical condition. No ride here.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:01 PM   #447
Bus Geek

Its POURING rain (finally!!! yay)
Day sure started a lot better than it ended. I dropped off Roxy and work and headed out with my new Stihl hedge trimmer, ladder, and chainsaw for some hundred degree fun in the sun. The job paid REALLY well, so I was pretty happy. 2 hours of sweat profusely pouring, but I was done and paid, and headed off to get my painter buddy.
He took FOREVER to get in the car, and after driving 35 minutes into the boonies to get him I wasn't amused. Time is money!
We get to the bus and I get started on removing the last of the adhesives. Every time I look down, my buddy isn't working- he's texting and browsing on his phone. An hour and a half in and he's gotten nothing done, hasn't put down his phone or his rum.
I'm really not amused, but I persevere. I had to stop to go get some smokes and pick up Roxy from work, and he tells me he wants to come along? I was like "man are you going to be working on the bus today?" I told him if he'd just wanted to hang out that's cool but I can't pay him hourly if he's not actually working. I let it go and tried to get myself in a better mood. He continued his phone love and rum consumption.
After we got Roxy we immediately proceed to run out of gas in my Subaru. I got it off the road and even found some shade. Walked a few blocks and got a can and some gas.
Finally get back to the bus and I got back to work while everyone watched me. Then the rain came.
Then my drunk painter buddy starts getting belligerent and starts really talking shite. I had to walk away.
Looks like I'll be doing this paint entirely alone. No biggie, just a bus, right?
Like every project, I'm always reminded that everything is best when you do it yourself the long, hard way. You can't even pay for decent help these days.
I won't be having him back.
Maybe I'll do all the prep and have it all masked and get someone who's good at spraying to come do it in a day. Try to do someone a favor and it always bites you.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:15 PM   #448
Bus Geek

Quote:
Its POURING rain (finally!!! yay)
Day sure started a lot better than it ended. I dropped off Roxy and work and headed out with my new Stihl hedge trimmer, ladder, and chainsaw for some hundred degree fun in the sun. The job paid REALLY well, so I was pretty happy. 2 hours of sweat profusely pouring, but I was done and paid, and headed off to get my painter buddy.
He took FOREVER to get in the car, and after driving 35 minutes into the boonies to get him I wasn't amused. Time is money!
We get to the bus and I get started on removing the last of the adhesives. Every time I look down, my buddy isn't working- he's texting and browsing on his phone. An hour and a half in and he's gotten nothing done, hasn't put down his phone or his rum.
I'm really not amused, but I persevere. I had to stop to go get some smokes and pick up Roxy from work, and he tells me he wants to come along? I was like "man are you going to be working on the bus today?" I told him if he'd just wanted to hang out that's cool but I can't pay him hourly if he's not actually working. I let it go and tried to get myself in a better mood. He continued his phone love and rum consumption.
After we got Roxy we immediately proceed to run out of gas in my Subaru. I got it off the road and even found some shade. Walked a few blocks and got a can and some gas.
Finally get back to the bus and I got back to work while everyone watched me. Then the rain came.
Then my drunk painter buddy starts getting belligerent and starts really talking shite. I had to walk away.
Looks like I'll be doing this paint entirely alone. No biggie, just a bus, right?
Like every project, I'm always reminded that everything is best when you do it yourself the long, hard way. You can't even pay for decent help these days.
I won't be having him back.
Maybe I'll do all the prep and have it all masked and get someone who's good at spraying to come do it in a day. Try to do someone a favor and it always bites you.
exactly the same thing I have run into with my bus projects.. it was pure H*LL just to find someone to help me lift the bonnet off and put it back on when I did the recent cooling upgrades.. people come running right quick when they want to borrow my silverado, but then ask them to spend 5 minutes lifting a piece of fiberglass off a bus and sit it on the garage floor , they act like you asked them to build a house...

same thing is happening with my transmission.. "hey oh ill help".. 'cool im starting this week', "oh you caught me on a bad week...".. ha! seems to be the way of either Moving or Mechanical projects.. people that seemingly have Nothing going on, all the sudden get busy on those days in which you need them..

-Christopher
Old 05-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #449
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Seriously, no good deed goes unpunished!

Buy yourself a roller and do a panel or two at a time.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #450
Bus Geek

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu
Never let a good tern (turn also) go unstoned.

Next time you see one of them laboring on one of their projects say something like "Is there anything I can say to help?"

Sorry I'm on the other coast--I actually think it is fun to spray paint. I'd add that with your skills, spraying paint should be a natural for you. Buy a couple of courts of Rustoleun and practice with an HVLP gun on some old junk car. Don't bother doing any prep or masking, just try different techniques and see what works.

I've painted all or part of several hundred cars over the years. In fact I just walked in from shooting a front clip and door on a '12 Honda civic for a buddy. Charcoal metallic base coat clear coat. He does all my computer fixin' so it all comes out in the wash.

If you have any technique questions I'll try to answer them for you.

Jack
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 10:03 PM   #451
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Fisher Body
Chassis: GM "B" Platform
Engine: 350 TBI Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 8
Your duck reminds me of this duck

My cousin does the ground work at their ballpark, AA Minor League team, but there's some big names coming through on rehab assignments.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #452
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
thats clearly alcohol Abuse, you are under arrest
-Christopher
First offence.... Can we plead it down to a Party Foul?
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #453
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewzer55 View Post

My cousin does the ground work at their ballpark, AA Minor League team, but there's some big names coming through on rehab assignments.
Man, could you maybe score me a sticker? I love the logo
Old 06-01-2017, 06:17 PM   #454
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
First offence.... Can we plead it down to a Party Foul?
buy another bottle and a Pizza, charges dropped
Old 06-02-2017, 08:33 AM   #455
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSquid View Post
It's an 03 with 128K on the clock; good tires all around and in sound mechanical condition. No ride here.
I dunno. Mine had 178k and '99 for $3807. It was sitting at $1500 until the last 5 minutes of the auction and some asshat exporter drove it up.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:42 AM   #456
Bus Geek

Quote:
people come running right quick when they want to borrow my silverado, but then ask them to spend 5 minutes lifting a piece of fiberglass off a bus and sit it on the garage floor , they act like you asked them to build a house...
I ain't driving across town to do 5 minutes of work. That said, if I borrowed your truck last week, I'll be there in an hour. I'm going to grumble but I'll be there.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #457
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
I love them ducks..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewzer55 View Post

leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #458
Bus Geek

I know they're crazy about their ducks out in Oregon, too.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:01 PM   #459
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Bribery

Quote:
buy another bottle and a Pizza, charges dropped
Tanqueray and pizza! I'll raise a bag of limes and tonic water.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #460
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Rescuer View Post
I used the wonder wheel on the decals - and the reflective strips - it took three wheels to do it - but worth it - it removed all the reflective tape / adhesive and left a nice buffed surface. No scratches.

It does take some time - One side of the bus came off in about 20 minutes the other side took about 3 hours...

The reflective rectangle "School Bus" on the front and and back of the bus took the longest time - I ended up using a heat gun and scrapper for some of it - the the Wonder Wheel for the rest.

https://smile.amazon.com/Remover-Sti...s=wonder+wheel

Overall - a process...

Thanks for the review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote