Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Wasn't the Cat motor in 04 the C7 and not the 3126B? Wierd that 2000 and the 2004 have identical mileage.
IDK i didn't look at em a whole lot but the ones I looked at sure looked like 3126's. An 04 could be either.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:14 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
You would think with all the talk of how much more the shorties are worth than a full size, that someone would jump on these. What do you figure that 2000($1620) is worth? or the 04 ($1700)
I could sell em for $4000+ ALL day.

This is what I keep telling you!

This time of year no one's really pulling the trigger. These buses would go for much more once its not cold outside.
Although I did get my $1600 unicorn in July.

I'd have bid on at least one or two of them if I were employed or had ANY income going on.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I could sell em for $4000+ ALL day.

This is what I keep telling you!

This time of year no one's really pulling the trigger. These buses would go for much more once its not cold outside.
Although I did get my $1600 unicorn in July.

I'd have bid on at least one or two of them if I were employed or had ANY income going on.
I bought the 00 for $1620, seemed too good to pass up. I almost snatched the other, but not looking forward to 2 flights and drives home at this time of year, plus I don't know where I'd park a 3rd bus here. There's another one going in a week (12/21). They sure put some mileage on these in KY.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cat3126
Thanks and auctions

Thanks ya’ll. We decided it was just to short a ceiling. Have run into that in last three buses.
We’re a bit frightened of the auctions. I’ve looked at them a couple of times and don’t know how to get to the pictures and background information on them. We’re worried about getting burned with buying a bad bus!
Kaleth2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Unless you are a mechanic or have a friend or relative who is one, my take on this is to not worry so much about the asking price (within reason) if you can get something in good shape that you know has been maintained. Diesels in particular can cost incredible amounts of money to repair. I bought my gas mini bus directly from a bus garage. They gave me a binder with every bit of work since mile zero. The garage manager is a great guy - very honest and fair. Did I pay maybe $700 more than the typical auction price? Without any hesitation. He refused to sell me one bus on his lot that he discovered had a problem with the transmission overdrive. I never would have noticed it. Where did it go? To a bulk dealer who probably sent it to auction.
nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:13 PM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

The other issue with getting exactly what you want is that you are going to invest 100s of hours in setting it up exactly right. Why do that with something with structural issues or too low a headroom. Most of the effort you put in can't be easily moved to another bus. I made a mobile boutique for my wife in a mini bus only to have terminal engine issues. Custom clothing racks, lighting, power distribution will all have to be moved. I am not thrilled about that.
nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 05:24 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleth2 View Post
SNIP... Will be nice to have access to my plasma cutter, welder, and compressor right there for the bus in the driveway.. a little compulsive about the search right now!
Wait, now I wanna see what kinda art you do!
banman is offline   Reply With Quote