Old 02-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #41
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Chassis: Ford E350 with Girardin body
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
That's a better use than sending to a scrapper for sure, but I didn't have the luxury of keeping it around (I can't keep my bus here, either..haha)

Does anyone know how to remove those side panels? I was thinking of just cutting them around the wheel well and close to the ground for easier access behind them. The front ones have no bar across the top, but all of the others do and I can't even stuff insulation into it as-is. I have some other build threads open with busses similar to mine, and will look into them when I can...I might just focus on getting the rest of the bus painted because it is pretty sunny today.

I've also been charging my battery all week and am 98% sure the source of the buzz was the vandal lock...about to go inside and confirm, and even try to start it....the suspense is killing me I hope it starts!
iProgramStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:58 PM   #42

hmmm newbie here,...not sure how to continue following this post other than perhaps by commenting. I hope you get your answer to the side panel question. Anyway, contemplating getting a shorty and trying to learn as much as I can so thanks for the pics/questions and sharing.
Sockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #43
Mini-Skoolie

In the future, near the top:
Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread (mine says unsubscribe). I think comments just automagically subscribe you. It's still nice to hear from you though! Are you in Canada or the USA? Getting this short was a great decision but if you can't find enjoyment in the work, I would think carefully. For me, I was excited to get my hands dirty, learn some construction stuff, and create my own home! It was part of the draw - and part of the reason I didn't buy a pre fab.

Anyways...as I just posted in my "Bus won't start thread":

The bus runs!!! It was the vandal lock in the back that made the buzz. I can confirm this 100%.

So that prevented start initially, then while trying to fix that I must have killed the battery somehow (lights, buzz, probably not a short cause its great now). Then it would crank because maybe the battery was too dead to buzz. Last week my dad figured out it was the vandal lock and then we charged the battery all week until yesterday. It was now reporting 14 volts instead of less than 8. And then we connected it to another car battery just for extra power. It went up to ~16 volts I think.

And it started right up on the first try.

Guys, thank you so much for all of your help and support! The existence of these forums eases so much of my worry... <3

GusRunsAgain.mp4
Old 02-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomsass
Chassis: FreightShaker
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 5 speed
Rated Cap: 8 Assengers 2 ATV's
Where in Toronto do you call home?
REDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #45

Awesome! What are your dimensions behind the front seats and your emergency door? I'm looking at E350s myself
Fireratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:48 PM   #46
Mini-Skoolie

The North York area is where I work...I have 2 places to stay (one in Hamilton and one in Toronto), but I think I'm technically homeless. Soon, the bus will be my home

@Fireratt, you want the dimensions of the side emergency door opening? I'll get them to you this weekend, or ask my dad to measure for you
Old 02-21-2017, 07:41 PM   #47

Was looking at the rear hatch, the E350 I may get doesn't have a side ADA lift.
Thanks and good luck on your build, I enjoyed the pics and reading about your journey
Old 02-25-2017, 01:14 PM   #48
Mini-Skoolie

Will come back with pictures and updates on my bus on-goings...but I wanted to just get back to Fireratt

I was just outside and measured the back door. It was about 33" inches wide and 4.5' tall. The area behind the drivers seat was 13ftx7.5ft and it was 76" tall in the center, and curved down to about 73" tall at the sides.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:00 PM   #49

Awesome thank you!!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #50

How do you think it's going to work out room wise?