Old 01-28-2018, 12:38 AM   #11
Bus Nut

Chassis: Shuttle or Shorty. Still hunting
Engine: Prefer Diesel
Rated Cap: 14 to 24 pref
Nice day 1! Cant wait to see what u plan.
Doug
Defjr333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:56 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Day 2

The hold up now is this Rear A/C And Rear Heater.

How do I go about doing this? Can I? and should I?

I did a little research and some people were saying that sometimes they share the same compressor and I might have to take it to an A/C guy to shut it off.

anybody have any guidance?
Blue hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:41 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue hole View Post
Day 2

The hold up now is this Rear A/C And Rear Heater.

How do I go about doing this? Can I? and should I?

I did a little research and some people were saying that sometimes they share the same compressor and I might have to take it to an A/C guy to shut it off.

anybody have any guidance?
Yes it's a split evaporater system I believe...preferably you'd want to have the refrigerate recovered by a shop

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:47 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie

Hi! I need some help

Work on the bus has slowed down lately and I need some help getting it going again. Iíve ran into a couple things that I am unsure of and need some assistance on.
First of all the bus leaks horribly. I have left buckets in there that end up with a half inch to Inch of water quickly from just a few rains. I believe the vinyl trim needs to be replaced but I do not know how and I cannot find any guides or where to buy trim like this. What else can I do to seal this fiberglass shell up including the windows?

Second the plywood needs to be replaced in several areas on the floor. What is he preferred method to cut and replace just the bad sections or to replace the whole paneled section of plywood, also the edges seem to have some fiberglass overlap, is this okay to cut?

Third of all there is an area that I am not sure how to gut, it is the front section near the door and it has to windows that are recessed into the wall, Iím guess I need to remove the windows to gut the inside then seal them back in later?

Fourth of all on this rear heater how do I remove it? Do I just take it out then get a piece of copper to recirculate the coolent underneath?

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #15
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 84
SOP is to remove all of the wood subfloor, if there is corrosion or rust under any of it, chances are there is more you can't see until you remove all the wood.
o1marc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #16
Bus Nut

You need to figure out if the fiberglass body has a frame that it is attached to it before removing the wood floor. It does need to come out and be replaced. If you're not confident in sealing those windows. I would consult an automotive or RV glass installer before resealing them.

The break in these black seals are supposed to be at the bottom of the windows and have a connector piece to stop water from flowing into the crack.

ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #17

Someday for me....

What an incredible step of faith. And you are now living the dream as we speak. Way to go!!!

~Peg
MBFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #18
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Startrans
Chassis: Ford e-350 single wheel
Engine: 5.4 litre
Rated Cap: 12
#4 you are correct. Just loop the coolant line so it continues to flow, don't let all the coolant drain unless its due for maintenance.
leadsled01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 IDI
Rated Cap: 14
If the roof itself is leaking... seal the seams and paint the roof with an elastomeric roof coating.

If windows are leaking, pop them out and reseal them.

For the floor... cut out the bad sections and replace.. then go over the entire floor with insulation board and subfloor (after leaks are fixed).
Mr4btTahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
Mini-Skoolie

Unexpected turn. I have to move out of my abusive alcoholic fathers houses fast! as soon as I can. Okay so what do I use to seal up the seams? and on the windows do I use butyl tape? I’ve searched on the forum but I can’t find anything and I need to get this thing to livable wokable condition quick. Gonna put this all on my credit card since I’m low on money so If someone will tell me what to buy I will, I just need to move fast,
Thanks!