Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue hole View Post
Unexpected turn. I have to move out of my abusive alcoholic fathers houses fast! as soon as I can. Okay so what do I use to seal up the seams? and on the windows do I use butyl tape? I’ve searched on the forum but I can’t find anything and I need to get this thing to livable wokable condition quick. Gonna put this all on my credit card since I’m low on money so If someone will tell me what to buy I will, I just need to move fast,
Thanks!
You can use any polyurethane sealant on the windows and seams. Sikaflex 221 is popular but there are others. Just stay away from anything with silicone in it.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Adding a vent skylight.

I was also wanting to install one of these,

Does anybody have any recommendations on one for a fiberglass roof.
I was planning on putting it in the middle, Can i just cut through the fiber glass or is there any metal inside?
Blue hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #23
Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Take a deep breath and get a list together. First I would remove that heater and loop it back around. Second since you know the roof or windows leak go ahead and tear ALL of that plywood out and get ready to patch the floor. Make SURE you grind the rust off the floor and at minimum go get prep and etch from Home Depot or if you can find ospho use that to stop the progression. Next you need to address the holes in the floor, I use a welder but if you can’t find one you need to cut out the bad spots and worst case scenario use closed end stainless steel rivers and automotive seam sealer to make patches. Now you are ready for rustoleum primer minimum add on oil based enamel paint after that if you want to go overboard like I will. Next step is stop the leaks. I would sand the roof and Get something like Henry’s tropicool roof coating to seal it off. At this point you will know if the windows are leaking and if they are, pop them out, scrape off adhesive and lay a thick bead of a window sealing compound. After this is complete and dried, attempt to recreate leaks with a hose and continue forward with your build...(insulate your floors etc.) it’s a lot of work but don’t half ass it or you’ll regret it. My two pennies.
thrifty1 is offline   Reply With Quote