Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #81
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Did it come with a spare tire rack, or did you install one? Pictures, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman View Post
I have a spare mounted underneath my bus. Ya never know
I have a beautiful, mounted drive tire spare, that doesn't particularly need protection from the elements in my 20' linear living space...

Old 05-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #82
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Off-topic but I got Scheister-ized by schwabb anyway last summer.. lol. they suck in my book!!
I was a loyal customer for years. Until I moved here and went to the local Scwab store and they tried to screw me.

I asked around and folks here told me that the customer service went to hell after old man Schwab died.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #83
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I was a loyal customer for years. Until I moved here and went to the local Scwab store and they tried to screw me.

I asked around and folks here told me that the customer service went to hell after old man Schwab died.

it was one in Portland that got me.. first told me there was no way they could convert my 20 inch rims to 22.5s up front.. soI got 2 new 9R's. then when I found a flat drive tire next morning.. went back and they said "you should convert these to 22.5s!" so I did on the drives.. and said "take the fronts back and convert those too".. 'i'll call you with a price'.. hour later get a call.. "your new drives and rims are on but oh we mounted those fronts, cant take em back"...

'but my wheels still shake bad'..
" we will put beads in the frotns and it will balance then"..

picked up the bus headed down the road.. front wheels shaking bad at 50.. 30 miles in i call back.. "those beads take a while,, keep driving"...

yeah turns out when I got home (2600 miles later). one of the front rims is bent and there was No beads or any type of balance done..

they didnt give a crap... Grrrrr...

I still have the write-up from my local tired shop.. I should shred schwab on social media lol!
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:29 AM   #84
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH 3800, 8 window
Engine: T444E w/ Spicer 5-speed MT
Rated Cap: I prefer broad-brims hats
Fuh-lame those mo-fos!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
it was one in Portland that got me.. first told me there was no way they could convert my 20 inch rims to 22.5s up front.. soI got 2 new 9R's. then when I found a flat drive tire next morning.. went back and they said "you should convert these to 22.5s!" so I did on the drives.. and said "take the fronts back and convert those too".. 'i'll call you with a price'.. hour later get a call.. "your new drives and rims are on but oh we mounted those fronts, cant take em back"...

'but my wheels still shake bad'..
" we will put beads in the frotns and it will balance then"..

picked up the bus headed down the road.. front wheels shaking bad at 50.. 30 miles in i call back.. "those beads take a while,, keep driving"...

yeah turns out when I got home (2600 miles later). one of the front rims is bent and there was No beads or any type of balance done..

they didnt give a crap... Grrrrr...

I still have the write-up from my local tired shop.. I should shred schwab on social media lol!