Old 10-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
Looks big but is still short?

I'm wanting to purchase a short bus but one with higher clearance and a handicap lift on the front pretty much like this: Public Surplus: Auction #1696664
I'm wondering though are these short big boys still only 17 feet? Also, does anyone know if there is any chance that some were made with gas engines? I really want one that's gas because in my travels it's inevitable that somewhere sometime we're breaking down and I've had better luck finding help in random towns when it comes to that kind of engine. I would rather have the engine out front like this instead of inside right next to you like the traditional little ones. A couple of friends of mine just finished their short bus and drove across the country and got in a double head on collision. The driver was crushed by the engine being so close to him. He lived but it's pretty bad. Maybe these are things people don't normally think about..
I assume they have a little more headroom like 6 foot 4 inches in comparison with a regular short bus. Honestly, if I could find one just like my E450 shuttle bus but short and not fiberglass that would be the best of both worlds. The headroom on that one that I currently have has to be about 8 feet but not being able to build and drill into metal presents its own problems.
Someone tell me that a 17 foot long metal shuttle bus with eight feet of headroom exists!
Thomas1985 is offline   Reply With Quote