Old 08-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Goshen
Engine: 350
Mildred (The Third)

I did the deed yesterday. Plunked down my cash for Mildred. She is still at the dealer. They are removing the seats and are changing out the tires. After that is done she will go immediately to my mechanic who will replace rear brakes, see if he approves of the tires, and check out a couple of other things. Then we will bring her home and get started. Hubby wants to work on resealing every thing first. Then we will start working on fulfilling the requirements for a change on the title.
It appears that getting the title changed here in South Carolina is going to be a PITA but we will do what we have to do. I want to do the bare minimum for motorhome requirements because I would really like to use it and get the feel of it for a bit before I commit to putting things in place for the long term. Sometimes what seems like a good idea does not always work out in practice.

I took a bunch of photos and stuck them on Photobucket. Haven't used it in a while and don't care for all of the pop-ups but it is free. I should have taken pics under the hood but I forgot - will do it later. Please feel free to comment or criticize.

http://s842.photobucket.com/albums/zz34 ... r/MILDRED/
granolaeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff
Re: Mildred (The Third)

some shots for the folks. nice wide front doors on there to! Grats!

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

Welcome! I see you have a fur-ball on duty as well. It appears the four-legged friend is on flea patrol..... Best of fortune with your new-to-you project.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:40 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

Congrats on the bus...

I paid for pro on photobucket and don't deal with any of the useless crap...

But, I also crashed my photobucket before that and didn't really have a choice...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

I know i will be watching this thread lol.

grats on the photobucket pro lol. I had to get it, I maxed out # of pictures allowed lol

to get the images to show up on the forum like i did, use the [IMG] tagged line and just paste it in here where you write a new post.

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:38 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

It will be a couple of weeks before Mildred comes home. The mechanics shop had a few utility trucks come in for work and with the approaching hurricane the utility trucks were given priority. Fine by me - if I were the one to lose power I would hope they had all of the trucks they needed to respond. By the time they get work done on our vehicle I will be in Savannah working so she will just wait there til I get back. Hubby will have his hands full taking care of the household while I am gone.

The 'furball' in the above pic is at the dealership; our own furball is actually furless

and she is one of the long list of reasons that we wanted to have a motorhome. We have never had a small inside dog, I always had farm dogs outside, but Pinky has stolen our hearts and is a great companion. And when I am away working she keeps hubby company - plus chickens - he will have to collect eggs and feed and water while I am away.

P.S. Stuff - thanks for posting the pics, it had been a long day and by the time I got everything set up I was too lazy to go through and link the pics - you picked some nice shots!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #7
Bus Nut

I'd love to have a Chinese Crested...

Trying to talk my wife into getting one...

I think our family would enjoy a friend for our Min Pin/4th child...

Keep posting pics...
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Sep 23 we brought her home from the mechanic. Now it is time to get started on the inside. Hubby has already started replacing the old caulking. She'll need paint but we are going to have to do a homemade paint job.

I have been looking at posts of the bondo condo and I think we are going to use the micro wave instead of propane stove to meet our cooking requirement. Our local requirement says that it has to be 'built-in'. His microwave appears to be the standard variety that you sit on the counter. I'll bet that a lot depends on the attitude of the inspector.

I want to have some sort of water tank mounted so that it can be gravity fed to the sink rather than use a pump - haven't figured that out yet -- and it will have to be able to be refilled externally - haven't figured that out yet either. Here are today's pics; Mildred in her new home and the naked insides ( along with naked dog).

Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Pinky looks right at home...
Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Well it's been almost a year now and I'm sad to say that we have only used Mildred twice. I just checked back into the forum to see how long it has been since I knew I posted when we first bought her.

We are planning a trip to the Outer Banks in September and then we will make our decision wether to keep or sell.

The upside is that 1. I wanted to try the bus instead of the $60,000 just in case RVing wasn't our thing and 2. We only did the very minimum to make her roadworthy for the same reason.

But, we'll see. This trip in September should make up our minds for us. We want to just travel up the coast with no particular schedule so I'm thinking the bus is the perfect vehicle for that.