Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 10:22 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
I don't see how buying from a secondary seller improves the bus any. I get my buses from the bus barn where they're maintained by the shoolbus mechanics, or in other words through the Public Surplus auction. Guess where the secondary sellers get their buses from? If you said the bus barn after winning them in the auction, you're right. Yes, they'll buy a bus for $2k and sell it to you for $3.5k. Look at the right dealership and you can find them for over $15k too.

Bus dealers are used car salesmen.
Yes I agree about secondary sellers, but the dealer I am talking about sells the new buses to the school districts. They are actually the Thomas bus dealer and maintain the new buses and deal with warranties. They buy back some older buses in good shape to take some money off a brand new bus for the schools, and then re sell them. The buses not worth any trade in value are the ones that usually go to the Public Surplus Auctuons
Also, any reputable vehicle dealership will show u their purchase invoice and shop invoice, and u know exactly what they are making on any vehicle. The only plus I was giving to a dealership, was over a 3rd or 4th or 5th party seller that is selling a bus someone has already worked on. There are alot of people that buy buses and think they can do a conversion, but know nothing about building or fabrication or mechanics, they start anf then they sell it, agter doing some janky ass work. That was all I was trying to state really.

sugarpinedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
If you are leaning towards a dealer, try these guys:

aaabussales.com - Home

Sure, their prices are dealer prices, but they are way more reasonable and everyone who comments says they were well, and fairly, treated. Their prices are negotiable.

They don't list prices on the website, but they do list the buses, with price, on Phoenix Craigslist.
i bought a short bus from tony on friday. he is honest and will treat you fairly. i met a few other less than savory characters before i ended up at aaabus . if i ever need another bus i will buy it there. these guys think about busses when they are sleeping. they all have badass busses in progress and will talk about conversions for as long as you want to. even if you are not gonna buy one, i would talk to them if you're in the area.
i just found this forum so this is my first post, but ill start a thread on my new short bus soon.
clay
clay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, california, conversion, engine, sale