Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #11
Bus Crazy
 
brokedown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St Petersburg, FL
Posts: 1,775
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by dforeman View Post
On the other hand...

http://www.a-zbus.com/bus-listings/1...-unit-17u013s/

This isn't a bad price.
LOL

All of you are great.
Honestly, and I don't mean any offense by this, these prices are even higher than BGA. Used School Buses For Sale - Better Buses @ Better Prices - We deliver school buses nation wide

That $7500 bus has a comparable counterpoint at BGA for less money that's 12 years newer. #1803 2003 Thomas EF 3126 Cat Diesel Auto Air Brakes 8 Row@ BGA School Buses, Inc. Hudson, FL

We all poke fun at BGA for being overpriced, they're kind of a meme here.
brokedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
Site Team
 
bansil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MNT CITY TN
Posts: 5,155
The number 1 biggest problem for you living in Kalifornia is going to be where to park, I have read too many horror stories over the years from buses,to Rv's to vans and everything else

Good luck, and make sure to carefully plan your "piece of heaven"
__________________
Our build La Tortuga
Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
George S. Patton
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 06:55 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 15
Did you ever figure out any answers to this, particularly in regards to cutaway vs conventional? (also manufacturers, such as Chevy/GMC/Thomas/International)

Looks like I'm the same spot as you, about a month later. Thanks!
darkrider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #14
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: California
Posts: 16
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
i just saw this. BusWest Pre-Owned Buses for Sale. Used School Bus Sales in Los Angeles & Fontana, California. School Buses, Special Needs Buses, Conventional School buses, commercial buses, coaches & more is in woodland Ca. not far from you in Davis. they are super nice, and they have fair prices on buses. you need to understand that west coast buses are not rust buckets like the pre owned buses that are being sold in other parts of the country. Most of their buses they have, were recently taken out of service by the school districts. This means that most of them have recently passed highway patrol inspection. When i bought a bus from them, they did all the DMV paperwork for me. I drove away registered and insured.
sugarpinedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #15
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: California
Posts: 16
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
The number 1 biggest problem for you living in Kalifornia is going to be where to park, I have read too many horror stories over the years from buses,to Rv's to vans and everything else

Good luck, and make sure to carefully plan your "piece of heaven"
I dont know understand how this is a problem. California has over 50million acres of public land.
sugarpinedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #16
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Eastern WA
Posts: 3,058
Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpinedanny View Post
I dont know understand how this is a problem. California has over 50million acres of public land.
Kalifornia is it's own unique animal....


I have (in WA) two buses in my yard. The last place I lived in CA they would probably have tried to put me in jail for such a thing.......
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #17
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Owasso, OK
Posts: 2,627
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpinedanny View Post
i just saw this. BusWest Pre-Owned Buses for Sale. Used School Bus Sales in Los Angeles & Fontana, California. School Buses, Special Needs Buses, Conventional School buses, commercial buses, coaches & more is in woodland Ca. not far from you in Davis. they are super nice, and they have fair prices on buses. you need to understand that west coast buses are not rust buckets like the pre owned buses that are being sold in other parts of the country. Most of their buses they have, were recently taken out of service by the school districts. This means that most of them have recently passed highway patrol inspection. When i bought a bus from them, they did all the DMV paperwork for me. I drove away registered and insured.
What's your idea of a "fair price"?

The only one on the site with a price is a 2002 International CE for $25k

Are there others I missed?
__________________
Steve Bracken

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #18
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: California
Posts: 16
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
Kalifornia is it's own unique animal....


I have (in WA) two buses in my yard. The last place I lived in CA they would probably have tried to put me in jail for such a thing.......
Well I guess it depends on where u live, in any state. I guess if u lived in some suburb or something, they may not like that, but where I live.... i think we can do whatever we want.
sugarpinedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #19
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: California
Posts: 16
Year: 1995
Coachwork: Girardin
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twigg View Post
What's your idea of a "fair price"?

The only one on the site with a price is a 2002 International CE for $25k

Are there others I missed?
Yeah, I think that is probably the list of buses still in service as school buses. I just looked again and they have buses for $ 3500
The nice thing about bus dealers is that at least ur staring with a clean school bus. There are cheaper buses our there for sure, but I know every one that I saw was hacked on by some hack 2 or 3 times.
sugarpinedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:34 PM   #20
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarpinedanny View Post
Yeah, I think that is probably the list of buses still in service as school buses. I just looked again and they have buses for $ 3500
The nice thing about bus dealers is that at least ur staring with a clean school bus. There are cheaper buses our there for sure, but I know every one that I saw was hacked on by some hack 2 or 3 times.
I don't see how buying from a secondary seller improves the bus any. I get my buses from the bus barn where they're maintained by the shoolbus mechanics, or in other words through the Public Surplus auction. Guess where the secondary sellers get their buses from? If you said the bus barn after winning them in the auction, you're right. Yes, they'll buy a bus for $2k and sell it to you for $3.5k. Look at the right dealership and you can find them for over $15k too.

Bus dealers are used car salesmen.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
buy, california, conversion, engine, sale

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.