Old 04-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: My Baby

I here you on that. I still have over 5 feet of snow condensed into 2 feet of ice everywhere, with more falling daily.

By next week we are going to start climbing above the freezing mark.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1960
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 283 cid

This post is to see if TinyPic can host my pictures

If this works I will post the rest of the pictures
mrtravelingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Ok, Wow, Even an old dog can learn something new. The following are pictures of the bus as it was when I bought it.

There are a lot more pictures, but please let us start slow. As you can see the door was changed to a standard RV type door. It has all but two bus windows (which only slow down the wind). The pot was built with a drop floor (about 6" drop with a plastic pan which broke in the corners). There was a propane heater which does not work. The kitchen sink drains on the ground. No hot water heater, but does have a shower (cold water only), this drains on the ground also). Looking back I wonder just why I bought it. But it is my Baby and the more I do to it the more I love it. Guess I'm just weird. the old man
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #24
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72

Do you mind if I host re post all your pics? Your bus is rare.

Many of the old threads have lost their pics due to the member that started them not keeping up their hosting account, hosting sites closing, changing ect. If I re host them, they will never go down as long as I keep my paid subscription with Photo Bucket. I renew every year as all my personal pics are also backed up on Photo Bucket.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Just a few more pictures. I know that some I have already posted, I am still learning how to do this and I know I will make many mistakes. Please forgive me.

As I am sure you can see that I live in her. We are parked on a small ranch way back near the back fence. There is no water - electric - sewer. Just open space. On top of my enclosed trailer I have solar panels with a batter bank inside. There is a home made generator on the front which I use to charge the battery bank when there are clouds. All in all it is very messy and nothing is to hand, but slowly I am getting her put together.
the old man

P.S. Nat the answer to your PM is yes. If there is anything I can do to help just PM me.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #26
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19

Working on it while living in it has to be a challenge, particularly when the weather's not too comfortable.

What's the purpose of the propane cylinder thingy attached to the top of the stove?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Hi roach711 - My stove is a design of my own. I wanted a stove which would put out a lot of heat with very little wood. With this in mind I made a modified "rocket" stove. The cylinder on top is a heat exchange. I get enough heat from a small fire to turn it a dull red. If you look at some of the pictures of the stove you will see that the burn chamber is only 6x6x18. The bottom 6" tube is a ash chamber as I burn sage brush which is very dirty (sage brush is free). I can put one press log which I can buy at Wal-Mart. The log will burn for about 5 hours (on the box it says 3hr burn). To move the heat I use a "O so cool" (bought at Wal-Mart) made to run on batteries and is plug into my 12v system. I will post a few pictures of it working. the old man
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Hi roach711 - Here it is working and inside is about 75-80. If I remember it was 20 some outside. By the way it was sage brush that was burning. Oh yes - the propane is/was for the buddy heater. But I get more heat from the stove and it is cheap.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19

Neat idea. Being able to use larger diameter wood would be a big plus. Re-purposing a propane cylinder for the re-burn chamber was genius. I'll have to file that one away for future use.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM   #30
Mini-Skoolie

Hello everyone - I have been looking for some way to put fuses in the coach wiring. Other then using a old fuse block from a car, I thought that I might buy a fuse block like this. The cost is about $50.00 which I feel is a little high. But I need something that I can trust. Does any one have an idea on this, or know where I can buy something like it cheaper? Will wait for some feedback. Thanks the old man