Old 10-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Diamond
Chassis: Ford e350
Engine: powerstroke diesel
Rated Cap: 14
My new Diamond built e350

Hello all. Just got an 03, e350 transit bus. Its got 211,000 miles on a powerstroke diesel. New tranny and rear end. Its been regularly maintained, oil changes etc. got seats and wheelchair lift out. Runs like a champ . Im looking for interior ideas if anyone can help by posting pics of yours, that would be great. Im pretty much starting with a blank canvas. We only have one for sure thing so far, Were mounting a queen sized bed in the back, up about normal bed height. Using the underneath for extra storage. Other than that, Im open for suggestions. Also, How do I post pictures on here? thanks for any ideas everybody.
gopack444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Re: My new Diamond built e350

we demand pics......please
Old 10-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics in here.till I figure it out, theres a few on my flickr page. Blue star/luna photography.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel

looks like you a nice unit to work with, keep em coming, Start a photo setup in the gallery section. Pics load there...like Smitty just told me, put the link in the signature of your post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Nice. Thanks darren. Ill figure it out. Nothing new to report as yet. Trying to wrap my noodle around the bed frame ideas I have. Or do I want a futon? Futons seem kinda cheesy, construction wise. I want something sturdy. But, that would take care of a couch as well....decisions decisions,,, It will just be my wife and I, so we dont need "that much room" but we want to be comfortable. Also, what do you guys think about towing a car with this thing? I know its got enough power, but would you use a trailer, or just a dolly? Kinda wondering because of all that tail swing. Were moving to Nor Cal in the spring and were wanting to tow her car. Again, thanks for the help. Darren, your bus is my inspiration! that thing looks cool. Jeff
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

cool, I didnt figure there would be a problem towing. Hey Darren, is there any way to black out the company name on the photos? or take down the 2 with it? theyre a little uncomfortable with their name being on here. It wont let me delete someone elses post? Also,I saw your rearview camera setup. Cool idea. Ive been driving truck for a living since 96, I dont think i could train myself not to look over there for a mirror.lol. Wish I could find something a little sleeker looking. Im not a big fan of the one on the pass side at all, way up in front. Need to mount something a little closer to where im used to looking. Every time I go to look at it, Im staring out the double door. I asked my friend in L.A. what I should do for paint. He said to "murder it out" guess that means flat black everything,ha. Thanks for the input man, talk to you soon. Jeff
Old 10-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Those are cool mirrors. Ill keep my eyes open for some. Thanks for editing those photos man. Can you make it all black now? and lower it 6 inches in back and about ten in front with chromies? Speaking of that, Can these be lowered ? Bad idea? I just have a million ideas all banging into eachother all at once I aquired a prep table today from a local burger joint (zips) its 3 by 8 butcher block blonde wood. Gonna be a nice piece of counter space when Im done with it. storage underneath. Ive always wanted a "motorhome" but I want it to look cool, inside and out. By the way, arent you in China right now?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke

Heres how I made my bed. ( )

I made a bench-with a lift up lid-and the had another hinge attached to another piece of plywood. I made 4 metal squares - that you could swing out.

Since 2 would open one way and 2 the other, I have a piece if 1"sq tubing across the center 2.

The top piece of plywood folds down. We put a full sized air matress on it. Works great--sets up real fast.

my bus build http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas

Dang, might have to borrow that design. Additional close up picks in action would rock
Seeria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Thats a cool bed idea. Were stickin with the queen bed idea though. not sure if it would better across the back, or longways against the drivers side back. might give 1 n a half to 2 feet in front of the wheelchair door. wish i could find my friggin tape measure! i need to draw up a platform. were going to lowes today so im sure ill come home with alot of crap to do.