Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #52
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
Re: My short bus "Rolly"

I'm stealing your passenger seat idea. Pushing it back like that solves the problem of having to maneuver around the seat back when entering the bus.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #53
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmonkk
Yeah Our thoughts exactly. Well, I didn't really have much choice as where to put it. Because of the van style front. there is a heat shroud ( or something ) directly below where the passenger seat has gone in other buses. It is what it is, and since there is only a closet behind her seat, it solves that problem of squeezing by. Also leaves her plenty of leg room. I might end up building a little flip up table or something next to her, for her duties as navigator.
I am really enjoying reading about your build. I've been looking at buying similar busses, and this helps me figure out how to use the space!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #54
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

looking good!

looks like you got more room in that area then i do.. i might consider taking out my stripper pole lol

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #55
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmonkk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainjen72
I am really enjoying reading about your build. I've been looking at buying similar busses, and this helps me figure out how to use the space!
Don't buy a fiberglass bus! This is just from my own personal experience. My bus has been hell. While I learned a whole array of applicable skills( Welding, Working with Bondo, epoxy, and fiberglass,and Framing... to name a few) it has been a steep learning curve! I wouldn't change the experience I received for anything, but I believe I would have saved a few headaches, sleepless nights, and more than a few $ if I had a traditional Skoolie. I would have loved to rivet on panels where unwanted windows and doors were. or raise the roof!

That said, If I hadn't bought the bus when I did, I probably never would have gotten around to attempting a build. It would be one more thing on a list of things I will get to if/when I have more free time, or more money, or a whole array of other logical excuses for not doing them. So I'm fairly happy with my choice! I think I'm talking in circles now!

I understand what you mean! I've looked at the busses like yours, but I really want to actual school bus look. If I had the money, I'd get a 40's bus and totally refurbish it to live in. Perhaps after I finish my degree and make 150k/yearh I can start a retirement fund for that? (And yeah, my degree I'm going for I can make that kind of bank, someone has to like Accounting- oh wait, that's me!)

Still, I love watching what you can do with the smaller spaces. It gives me plenty of ideas!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #56
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Hang tough Zenmonkk --- don't let the "Bureau of Tax Wasters" get you down. Seems there is at least one whining busy body in every town with nothing better to do than to complain to them when others are actually doing something. If it isn't about buses, its' pets, or the way you mow your lawn, or tie your trash bags, or cut your hair, or...whatever. And I'm betting the idea of someone having the gumption to go mobile and get around the system really makes'em crazy.

Small petty minds can only accomplish small petty deeds.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #57
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15

Hey BTW --- was that a Danby freezer you converted & loved?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #58
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

yup, someone is JEALOUS!! lol

there is one crazy lady around here that lives on a farm and if you go down the grid road she comes out of the house and runs infront of your truck and tells you to get off her road! lol

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #59
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/AT545

Sorry to hear about your troubles zenmonkk. I think that even if you had the bus painted real nice and everything they would still hassle you because it's "different", and people fear that which is outside the status quo. It's natural human instinct to be either curious or suspicious of new elements in our environment. Fearful people will fall into suspicion rather than curiosity. I am very suspicious of those people.
viewtopic.php?t=4959
Diesel Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #60
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Ford Eldorado / Aerotech
Chassis: E350
Engine: Ford 7.3 Gasoline
Rated Cap: 11

yeah I hear ya on that one my neighbor is already asking are you going to keep that bus in your drive way all the time? I replied only when we are not using it on a road trip! that's where the conversation ended...lol