Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2011, 12:30 AM   #61
Bus Crazy

Re: My short bus "Rolly"

lol might have to take my bus to Souris, MB and make a complaint :P

its funny how bureaucratic bs is..

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #62
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1939
Coachwork: Union City?
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 95hp Flathead

I had a similar problem with my 85 Ford Skoolie. Zoning officer sent me a letter stating that it was against the city ordinances to have a commercial vehicle that is rated over one ton parked on private property. I called and asked if it was OK to park your RV on your property and was told yes, so I asked her why she didn't look at the license plate, which was an RV tag. She stated that it was a yellow school bus. I said, no, it's a yellow RV, and if you would look at the tag, and inside, you would see that. She let it go, but six months later, I got a similar letter, and had to go through the same explination.

Luckily I never pissed her off too bad though. A couple of years later, I made an offer on a piece of property that had once been a flea bag motel. The former owner started tearing it down, made a big mess, and then left it. The asking price dropped a couple of times,then I got a phone call from the realator saying the city was after the guy to clean the place up, and he dropped the price one more time. I made an offer on it, and he accepted. I then went to the zoning office on Friday afternoon to let them know that I made an offer, and that I would clean up the mess withtin 30 days of closing.

On Sunday, I got a call from a friend that was going to help me clean up the mess, asking me why I didn't call him. I asked why, and he said he just drove past the place and there was a front end loader and dump truck there cleaning the place up. I immediatly went over there to see that the heck was going on, and was told by the guy diong the cleanup that the zoning officer had called him Friday afternoon, and told him she wanted the cleanup done by Monday morning. Cost over five grand!. I went to the zoning office on Monday, and asked what the heck was up, and was told not to worry about it, the seller would pay for it. Found out later that she was pissed at the seller for not cleaning up the mess, and as soon as she found out he had a sale she ordered the cleanup. Seler called me and asked if I would split the cost with him, and I said heck no, I was going to get a bunch of guys to do it for beer and pizza.

Luckily the zoning officer left the area shortly after that, and the new guy isn't too bad, although he does get on my case from time to time about my "treasures".
SDJunkMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #63
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDJunkMan
I had a similar problem with my 85 Ford Skoolie. Zoning officer sent me a letter stating that it was against the city ordinances to have a commercial vehicle that is rated over one ton parked on private property. I called and asked if it was OK to park your RV on your property and was told yes, so I asked her why she didn't look at the license plate, which was an RV tag. She stated that it was a yellow school bus. I said, no, it's a yellow RV, and if you would look at the tag, and inside, you would see that. She let it go, but six months later, I got a similar letter, and had to go through the same explination.

Luckily I never pissed her off too bad though. A couple of years later, I made an offer on a piece of property that had once been a flea bag motel. The former owner started tearing it down, made a big mess, and then left it. The asking price dropped a couple of times,then I got a phone call from the realator saying the city was after the guy to clean the place up, and he dropped the price one more time. I made an offer on it, and he accepted. I then went to the zoning office on Friday afternoon to let them know that I made an offer, and that I would clean up the mess withtin 30 days of closing.

On Sunday, I got a call from a friend that was going to help me clean up the mess, asking me why I didn't call him. I asked why, and he said he just drove past the place and there was a front end loader and dump truck there cleaning the place up. I immediatly went over there to see that the heck was going on, and was told by the guy diong the cleanup that the zoning officer had called him Friday afternoon, and told him she wanted the cleanup done by Monday morning. Cost over five grand!. I went to the zoning office on Monday, and asked what the heck was up, and was told not to worry about it, the seller would pay for it. Found out later that she was pissed at the seller for not cleaning up the mess, and as soon as she found out he had a sale she ordered the cleanup. Seler called me and asked if I would split the cost with him, and I said heck no, I was going to get a bunch of guys to do it for beer and pizza.

Luckily the zoning officer left the area shortly after that, and the new guy isn't too bad, although he does get on my case from time to time about my "treasures".

ya missed a good bullet there! I have the bus in the driveway cause well.. spring time + lawn = sinking so its drying out lol. just hopin i dont get some stupid notice. the park's regulations say no trucks OVER 1 ton which i am a 1 ton lol
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote