Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2017, 09:58 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: E450 Ferd
Engine: 6.0L Diesel
Rated Cap: 20 window lickin Jeffies
Need galley design ideas.

Like the title says, I need to design a galley for my short bus. Photos close to my design ideas would be appreciated.

Want to package it such that it encompasses a 21x21x33" refrigerator, a water tank/pump/filter, a sink, and a 2-burner Flame King propane cooktop. I want to keep it to a width of 2 windows (so 56"). And storage. As much as possible. Currently own the sink, faucet, pump, fridge, cooktop. Need water tank.

I plan to make a water tank from fiberglass & epoxy, which can be any shape I decide. Glue blocks of Styrofoam together, carve it to shape, cover w clear packing tape or shrink wrap, fiberglass over that. Thinking the water tank might be about 6" thick and take up most of back (wall side) of the cabinet. So 6"x 48"x 33" would give me 40 gallons (231 cu-in/gallon). I'll have a filler cap on top of the counter, about 3"dia so tank can be filled from jugs if necessary, or hose thru the window. No outside fill, and this will be a modular arrangement that is unboltable and moveable.

Anyway, input would be helpful. Pics if you got 'em. Thx

Goatherder is offline   Reply With Quote