Bus Nut
Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16
Re: New Schoolie Questions...

This could be EPIC...

There's a ton of info on here and most will help out if you ask... The state you live in will play a big part... X2 on the "house batteries"...

Getting old is a funny thing, some do it gracefully while others fight it the whole way... This time in your life will play a big part in who you will become in the future... Seize this opportunity... It only knocks every so often...

Make sure to post up pics for us old folks... We were once crazy kids like yourselves and would enjoy following the journey...

"These are good times, Damn good times"...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
Bus Nut
Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Originally Posted by dirtygoat
These are good times, Damn good times"...
~(G)Q Arduously Avoiding Assimilation
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800
Rated Cap: 34

I live in Ohio and bought the bus in Maryland. I am going to get it inspected totally gutted. It will then be titled as a truck. I am going to then do the bulk of my conversions. I am working on my electrical plans now, in the process of ordering stuff. I should have my wiring diagram up soon. This part is getting pretty expensive. I did find a pure sine wave 4500 watt inverter for about $600.00. I am going to use 6 volt golf cart batteries wired in series to get 12 volts and parallel to get the power I need. But I am adding an isolator which you really need, plus a battery monitor and an external charger as well. Good luck.

Chuck Gbur
Go Bucks...
cjgbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
Year: 1997
Engine: E350 Super Duty Ford

I just got back from the state patrol. Passed my inspection. It's now declared a motor home and ready to be registered. Colorado requires 4 of the 6 to qualify as an R.V Cooking Unit. Toilet. Separate Power source( i did solar). Facet and sink. Heat source. A/C. They would not inspect it with and non working lights/ blinkers. Had to have good tires. Not one crack in the windshield. I was sent home the first time because the air bag light didn't come on. Insurance for a motor home/RV is much cheaper atleast with state farm. Before I bought my bus i check first with my insurance agent. Then I went to the DMV. It took some work but today it was well worth it. Hope this helps.
coloradoshuttle is offline   Reply With Quote