So Its been a long while since Ive participated in the community other than trying to absorb information from others builds. So thank you for all the information, its greatly appreciated!
I know you all like pictures and lots of them, so here we go... the progress thus far. Enjoy.
Grinding floor with 4" wire brush... took a while. But worked well.
After all brushed/grinderderd cleaned and treated with OSPHO
Post OSPHO, scrubbed & cleaned thoroughly, then painted with Rustoleum. After cured I used automotive seam sealer on all floor joints.
Upper lights & old stop sign holes I made template out of cardboard. Then cut out metal pieces using interior ceiling sheet metal I removed.
Stop sign cover.
Found out I had enough interior ceiling sheet metal left to use as my window covering for the rear six windows of the bus!
Test fit after cutting sheet metal to size... Game on.
My custom installation setup... PNEUMATIC RIVET GUN worth every penny!!!!!! First panel I did by hand... never again.
Aaaand all installed finally. I did the same process with the other side, but with a Pneumatic rivet gun.
For windows, I had custom vinyl home windows ordered up. Was much easier and cheaper than I had thought. Cut fins off, mounted from inside. Sealed up with 3M 5200 marine adhesive.
Five windows in total, also picked up an old metal insulated door at Habitat Restore for 40 bucks. Have to cut to size, do some squaring up of the door opening, make up a custom door jam(angle iron on inside...?? I think) And she will be ready for swingin!
Had to drive it to town. Found a buyer for my old front 20" tires(Was lucky and scored two free 22.5 inch front tires/rims) I don't recommend trying this it was pretty sketchy. Haha...
Lastly and some would argue most important...
All new exterior original style lights installed. (premature... have to remove for paint, but I wanted to drive it)That gets me just about updated, I also tore out the console which housed the radiator core for heating, switches for lights, and little glove type box. Going to rehab that and reuse it... I like the look. Probably put my CD deck there, along with switches & USB.
Slow, but sure progress. Hope I did go overboard on the post... its a bit long. Until next time. Cheers, and take it easy!