Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #1031
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,124
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
[QUOTE=WanderWoman;247096]Been driving it w/o a plate for 15 months. It is, however, insured

WooHoo! Someone else who has no respect for authority! Gotta love a REBEL!

John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:20 PM   #1032
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: SE Florida
Posts: 1,027
Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
[QUOTE=BlackJohn;247105]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Been driving it w/o a plate for 15 months. It is, however, insured

WooHoo! Someone else who has no respect for authority! Gotta love a REBEL!

John


LOL <taking a curtsy>
That I am!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #1033
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Picton,Ont, Can.
Posts: 1,124
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
[QUOTE=WanderWoman;247114][QUOTE=BlackJohn;247105]



LOL <taking a curtsy>
That I am!


Takes one to know one!

John
__________________
Question everything!
BlackJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:55 PM   #1034
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 3,441
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
[QUOTE=WanderWoman;247114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post



LOL <taking a curtsy>
That I am!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMHO, you are extremely foolish, because most likely you DO NOT have valid insurance. The insurance card may get you by when the cops pull you, but in an accident your insurance company will deny any claim on an unregistered vehicle.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #1035
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 6,409
Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
See, I told you buses were invisible.
__________________
Robin
Nobody's Business
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #1036
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,362
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
[QUOTE=o1marc;247132]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post

IMHO, you are extremely foolish, because most likely you DO NOT have valid insurance. The insurance card may get you by when the cops pull you, but in an accident your insurance company will deny any claim on an unregistered vehicle.
My insurance covers my bus, and did before I registered it.
You can insure a vehicle that isn't even yours.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #1037
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 3,441
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
[QUOTE=EastCoastCB;247195]
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post

My insurance covers my bus, and did before I registered it.
You can insure a vehicle that isn't even yours.
Check with your company, they will gladly sell you a policy, whether they cover you or not when you have an accident with no registration is a different matter. If I have your VIN number I can get a policy on your bus, so there are 2 policies? Might want to check that also. Normally you have to have an "Insurable interest" in the vehicle, which means you have to own it.

"Most auto insurance providers require that you own a car to place it on your policy and insure it. This is called having insurable interest in the vehicle."

There are exceptions, but trying to rationalize Wanderwoman situation is pushing it. I would be willing to bet money she would not be covered in the event of an accident. you have to remember Insurance companies are in the business of making money and will find every little excuse to not pay out on a claim if they can get away with it. I was recently in a rare end accident. 82YO man ran in the back of me, told his insurance that I hit him. I asked if they read the police report showing him at fault. They said they had , but were standing behind their clients claim, WTF. Had to sue him and got screwed again when he showed up with his Allstate attorney and the judge dismissed the case due to no evidence. WTF, how about the big dent in the back of my truck and the damage to the front of his Escape. There is no justice anymore.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #1038
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,362
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
All insurance is is a piece of paper making it legal for you to drive.
As long as the VIN is the VIN that's insured, what's the problem?
I've had a policy on someone's vehicle that I didn't own. And they had their own. I've done it. But I'm not in GA, thank goodness.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #1039
Bus Nut
 
Jdawgsfanasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 973
[QUOTE=o1marc;247215]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post

Check with your company, they will gladly sell you a policy, whether they cover you or not when you have an accident with no registration is a different matter. If I have your VIN number I can get a policy on your bus, so there are 2 policies? Might want to check that also. Normally you have to have an "Insurable interest" in the vehicle, which means you have to own it.

"Most auto insurance providers require that you own a car to place it on your policy and insure it. This is called having insurable interest in the vehicle."
In Texas some companies now sell "non-owners" liability insurance

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #1040
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 15,362
Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 32
[QUOTE=Jdawgsfanasty;247223]
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
In Texas some companies now sell "non-owners" liability insurance

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Yep. There are those.
My fiancee has a non-owners policy to drive my Subaru Crosstrek.
God we hate that car. Can't mention the car without mentioning what a total turd it is.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.