Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #61
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Well dang! On any other weekend there would be tons of free parking outside my art studios...but this is the weekend of our biggest show of the year and the area will be packed. It is time for the "ArtCrawl". The 25th annual actually and should be a real blast. Anyone who is or will be in the area is invited. Art, music, free beer, free wine. Bring it!

Hardy & Nance Studios. 902 Hardy Street in Houston near downtown.

Meanwhile...when and how long will you need a space Christopher? I can check around.

dang that sounds like fun..

alas so here is the latest.. my Bus is in PIECES until at least friday night..
tearing apart the front end was a scary and eye opening project.. all I can say is PEOPLE CHECK THE FRONT END of your busses.. that little shimmy i felt and small bump steer and a bit of a noise have urned out to be that my bus was pretty unsafe to be driving around in... my drag link was literally ready to fall off.. im not sure much more than the rubber boot was holding it.. the king pins? yeah BAD!! yet the bus drove pretty decent.. the left side king pin was so bad that it and the bushings literally fell out when taking the wedge pins out. Yeooow!! the wear was into the spindles.. everything was greasy so it wasnt dry by any means.. but I guess texas roads and small wheels took its toll on things.. nevertheless waitin on parts that wont be here till friday...

so I could drive my other bus, which i really shouldve serviced ( it should have an oil change, lube, and the like).. or I could simply pack up my tools and stuff in my pickup truck and drive it down.

a grey dodge 4x4 truck in texas probably blends in like sand in a desert.. and could likely be stashed in a hotel parking lot for a few days without issues..

your guys' thoughts?

-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #62
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post

tearing apart the front end was a scary and eye opening project.. all I can say is PEOPLE CHECK THE FRONT END of your busses.. that little shimmy i felt and small bump steer and a bit of a noise have urned out to be that my bus was pretty unsafe to be driving around in... my drag link was literally ready to fall off.. im not sure much more than the rubber boot was holding it.. the king pins? yeah BAD!! yet the bus drove pretty decent.. the left side king pin was so bad that it and the bushings literally fell out when taking the wedge pins out. Yeooow!! the wear was into the spindles.. everything was greasy so it wasnt dry by any means.. but I guess texas roads and small wheels took its toll on things.. nevertheless waitin on parts that wont be here till friday...

so I could drive my other bus, which i really shouldve serviced ( it should have an oil change, lube, and the like).. or I could simply pack up my tools and stuff in my pickup truck and drive it down.

a grey dodge 4x4 truck in texas probably blends in like sand in a desert.. and could likely be stashed in a hotel parking lot for a few days without issues..

your guys' thoughts?

-Christopher
Texas is hard on running gear unless all the boots, etc, are in good shape. The sand and dust gets everywhere and acts like grinding paste.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:11 PM   #63
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
C'mon down and blend in --- If you can't make it by Saturday evening, the show will also be going from noon to 5 on Sunday as well (but I have to admit, the BIG nonsense does take place on Saturday night).

Either way, let us know if you can make it or not. You have a bunch of fans here in the area and we'll try and get a few together.

BTW...we just went live with a new website that'll give you a sneak peek...

https://www.hardyandnancestudios.com/
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:46 PM   #64
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:

your guys' thoughts?

-Christopher
Your Dodge needs some use, I'd imagine! Its probably feeling jealous of those buses lol. It would be easier to find a place to stash a pickup, for sure.

Spent some time this afternoon helping Sandi get her bus prepped for paint.
I'm glad I was there, I showed her how a heatgun makes short work of reflective tape and decals! What took me a couple days on my bus took us about a half hour.
I got the last of the bare metal on RYO treated and primed.
Only a couple more small touches and its ready to head on to its new home in TX.
Funny- I'm sending a bus to TX, and my new bus is coming from TX. This was a real Texas trade!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #65
Bus Geek

Wire transfer went through, and I got the bus added to my insurance.

SO EXCITED!!
Old 11-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #66
Bus Geek

That makes it official! Congrats ECCB.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #67
Bus Geek

sweet!!! pure awesomeness! I didnt get to take off this AM like i wanted to.. work stuff going crazy..

ECCB - im assuming monday is the day to pick up the bus? any idea if I should bring a battery just in case the ones in it are dead? I can snag one of the nearly new AGM's from the dev bus.
-Christopher
Old 11-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #68
Bus Geek

Quote:
sweet!!! pure awesomeness! I didnt get to take off this AM like i wanted to.. work stuff going crazy..

ECCB - im assuming monday is the day to pick up the bus? any idea if I should bring a battery just in case the ones in it are dead? I can snag one of the nearly new AGM's from the dev bus.
-Christopher
I still need to call them and iron out the details, but I think Monday would be perfect. AFAIK its a good running, ready to go bus. I don't recall them saying it needed a jump or anything.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #69
Bus Geek

Hey Christopher...the offer of hospitality stands no matter what the timing.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:37 PM   #70
Bus Geek

im looking forward to this!!!! not looking like im gonna make it to help Txstreetman swap a 545 in his Bluebird.. unless the freeway gods are good to me.. work was KILLER today so I didnt get to leave.. but thats why I try to leave 3 days in advance because it leaves extra time.. but i'll definitely be down in time to drink that crown royal with Tango and company!!!

I snagged my tools and computer programmer from DedByrd today.. so thats ready for the ride!. the guys in the shop are super cool.. and said if im not there when they get it done, theyll keep it locked up in their shop till i get back.. (alas why Use Local guys often is better than a corporate conglomorate when it comes to repairs).

-Christopher
Old 11-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #71
Bus Geek

Quote:
im looking forward to this!!!! not looking like im gonna make it to help Txstreetman swap a 545 in his Bluebird.. unless the freeway gods are good to me.. work was KILLER today so I didnt get to leave.. but thats why I try to leave 3 days in advance because it leaves extra time.. but i'll definitely be down in time to drink that crown royal with Tango and company!!!

I snagged my tools and computer programmer from DedByrd today.. so thats ready for the ride!. the guys in the shop are super cool.. and said if im not there when they get it done, theyll keep it locked up in their shop till i get back.. (alas why Use Local guys often is better than a corporate conglomorate when it comes to repairs).

-Christopher

This is what kept me busy in my basement today

And my bus? It's a mess for now..

Good thing for a spare bus.
Christopher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #72
Bus Geek

Quote:

-Christopher
Excellent!

I was down today, all day, in bed with a BAD headache. So I didn't get to call the school. Everything should go just fine, provided they're there next week. Hoping they'll have someone there at least mon or tues.
I totally spaced and forgot schools close for turkey day. Hopefully not all week!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #73
Bus Geek

crap this doenst look good...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B91...JfTzRBdVU/view

better make that call and see if any staff work that day...

-Christopher
Old 11-16-2017, 07:01 PM   #74
Bus Geek

Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:

-Christopher
The transportation department is likely to have staff working. That's prime time for fixing buses.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #75
Bus Geek

Quote:

-Christopher
I'll call them first thing tomorrow.

Hopefully their bus folks will be there mon. No notice was posted on the auction or sent afterward about them being closed this week. Usually they mention that if its near a holiday.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #76
Bus Geek

Anyone in the area able to go get a bus tomorrow? lol
Old 11-16-2017, 10:02 PM   #77
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
Quote:

-Christopher
Chris, you have my number when you get in town don’t you?
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:14 PM   #78
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Anyone in the area able to go get a bus tomorrow? lol
Man I would love to go pick it up for you EastCoastCB. My grandkids are coming tomorrow for the weekend. The Shorty is in Cleveland right?
Old 11-17-2017, 05:24 AM   #79
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
Man I would love to go pick it up for you EastCoastCB. My grandkids are coming tomorrow for the weekend. The Shorty is in Cleveland right?
Yes, Cleveland. I'm gonna call them in an hour or two.

edit-
I called but she's not in yet. Gotta wait and see, but I think they may be there early next week.
Nail biter!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #80
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Yes, Cleveland. I'm gonna call them in an hour or two.

edit-
I called but she's not in yet. Gotta wait and see, but I think they may be there early next week.
Nail biter!
Yesh Cleveland is probably hour and a half for me being on the south side. I am supposed to be getting my grandkids this morning. Plenty of room to park it here though.
TANGO - isn’t there someone on the north side of Houston that could pick it up for him?