We're not done yet, but I can't hold back the pictures I have.
We pryed the windows out with a crowbar. Some windows have a little old caulk or rubber sealant as you can see in the picture, but we lowered them halfway, stuck the crowbar in the sides and then wiggled them out.
Here is an example of us cutting off those pesky rivets!
You can see the old holes from where the rivets used to be. You can also see that we used liquid nails on the outside frames to secure the sheet metal more and to reduce rattling.
Sorry for the blur - a few wires popped out of the emergency exit windows. We cut them, capped them and wrapped them in black electrical tape.
We used some old scrap wood that I found at the curbs on garbage night. They will help give the sheet metal more support.
We pre-drill holes both outside and inside with titanium gold drill bits (4 broke so far and yes, we've been using oil to lubricate them). This is a shot of us drill in the sheet metal screws.
This side is finished.
We have one more sheet to cover on this side. The next two windows will be covered and then we'll be done.
Ta-da! Outside metal skins are completed. Time to build!