Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

Post Short Bus Conversion Plans (3D Models)

Hello! I am in the very early stages a short bus conversion project. And by early, I mean I don't even have a bus yet... I'm just planning and working out a budget for now. I have completed a 3D model plan to help me work out logistics, and just wanted to share it with y'all. Let me know what you think, and feel free to use any of my ideas on your own conversions!

BASICS:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 8.18.36 PM.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	13187
Basic interior design. Bed, kitchen/chill table. Kitchen with sink, stovetop, and hidden mini-fridge. Furnace for the cold (not pictured: tall fan for the hot). Kept everything flush with the bottom start of the windows to make the area open and comfortable. Also adding no overhead items (with the exception of lighting) to accomplish this as well. Storage will be creatively available in every possible crevice. Going for a rustic wood vibe.

ADDITIONAL BEDS:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 8.19.18 PM.png
Views:	39
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	13188
This will be a vacational skoolie, so there needs to be space for the friends I bring along. The kitchen table folds down next to the wall. The chairs can be moved to the front of the bus and out of the way. Then, two separate small platforms can be pulled out from under the bed and turned into two additional beds. An eno can also be hung from corner to opposite corner. The bus can then comfortably sleep five people.

HIDDEN SHOWER:

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 8.19.53 PM.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	13189

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 8.20.09 PM.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	13190
Personal favorite idea. Wanted a shower, but limited space, and didn't want anything blocking/above windows, so I designed this masterpiece. The kitchen storage counter can be picked up and moved in front of the bed. It can be placed there permanently and look as if it is meant to be there, as pictured. Under where that counter used to be lies shower flooring with a drain and a circular curtain that can be pulled up and attached to clips on the ceiling. The sink nozzle is going to be extra long and stretchable, so that you just flip the switch to hot water and use that as the shower nozzle. If I'm too lazy to keep moving the shower hidden and unhidden, I can just keep the bus as pictured and the place will still look good.

And that's pretty much it for the interior plans. I have the specific items I'm wanting and supplies needed and such but won't include that since I don't want to bore y'all. Let me know what y'all think! I'm excited to join the skoolie club soon!

Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Where is the "like" button 👍

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Tootalltechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #3

Hi Wright, you may want to rethink keeping your countertops bellow window level; on my bus that's way too low to stand at unless you're four feet tall. The rest of your design is nice and simple and seems pretty workable. I like the modular design. It looks like the three cabinets in front of the bed could have different formats, but be the same size and so be interchangeable. I don't know if that would be useful, but it's cool. The shower location wouldn't work on my 2001 Thomas shorty (E450 chassis), it hasn't got the headroom for a shower except near the centerline. Look forward to seeing the real thing. Cheers
Alerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:41 AM   #4

Very clever

You got a mega super good idea ! I never thought about something like that. That's super clever ! I like it !
I was thinking about putting a hidden trap in the middle of the bus with a similar shower system but it's not as esthetic as your idea that's for sure !
I say well done
Nico Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerion View Post
you may want to rethink keeping your countertops bellow window level; on my bus that's way too low to stand at unless you're four feet tall.
You're right, I suppose I should've taken the dimensions into account. Instead of flush, I guess I'll just have them covering half of the bottom pane or the whole bottom pane if needed. No big deal though. Thanks for the feedback and correction!
Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Nice! Some observations, late to the game:

What he said about headroom at the shower.

When you move that cabinet over, you have room for someone to sleep beside you. That's always nice.

5 people in there for a multiday road trip would be a little gonzo, but I remember being 23 years old. It could happen.

2 burners max. You have better things to do with that countertop space.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote