Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
I'll admit, I miss the old chrome handrails in the older buses. I have the original handrail by the stairs and I'm putting a few of the shower grip rails on the ceiling. Yup, I know about hangin on.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #22
Skoolie

Mine is a short bus, in fact my second bus, my first one had a shower, ended up using it for storage. We used the YMCA, athletic clubs and churches for showers and the hassle of having water for shower and gray water tanks was prohibitive. It is a life style change that saves money and convenience to shower elsewhere. However there is no right or wrong here, if you want a shower in your bus and the moisture and pipes that freeze in winter you are welcome to it. I enjoy luxery showers instead of cramped ones, but again, I don't have to fill huge water tanks or deal with gray water tanks (esp in a short bus) no pipes to freeze as did in my first bus, no water pump to deal with, no propane water heater to deal with. Other than that I have taken bucket baths with water heated on the stove and I worked in a filthy shipyard and took a shower every day, just not in my bus. If you end up getting a shower, just be aware of the downsides and you then enjoy your shower. I like to keep my systems very simple and by doing so save lots of money and aggravation which allows me to get repairs done as needed. However most people I know that lived in busses ended up using their shower for storage as I did and found showers elsewhere.
Bluespoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short bus, short skoolie, shower, wet room