Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhost View Post
He used a program called "Sketch Up Make".

They replaced that with Sketchup. It's free, online, and fairly easy to learn.

https://www.sketchup.com/

That’s it! Took me about an hour to figure out the basics well enough to hack together what you see above.

People who are really good with it can do some very high quality models.

polomasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

I have a 2001 Ford E 450 6 window shuttle bus and we love it.

She’s 26 ft nose to tail, 7.5 Ft wide and I have 18.5 feet from behind the driver seat to the rear door

Definitely buy one with a co pilot seat if you can!!

I have a queen sized bed in the rear and 2 futons on either sides for couch seating and beds for my kids.

I have a full sized counter and sink with hot and cold running water (that I barely use). I built a “shower/emergency potty” stall That the lid folds down to make another
Counter top when it’s not in use.

I need to figure out a better bumper so I can mount a bike rack and maybe built a roof rack.

With so many windows, they let a lot of light in and I’m glad we didn’t go with a school
Bus that has those tiny windows.

Not sure I have any regrets other than I used self adhesive flooring from OLLIE’S that isn’t really sticking too well and the joints are separating. (I’ll probably tear it up later and put something better down)

I am only at about 90% completion because I fell and broke both of my arms and I had to put the finishing touches on hold.
25074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25074 View Post
I have a 2001 Ford E 450 6 window shuttle bus and we love it.

She’s 26 ft nose to tail, 7.5 Ft wide and I have 18.5 feet from behind the driver seat to the rear door

Definitely buy one with a co pilot seat if you can!!

I have a queen sized bed in the rear and 2 futons on either sides for couch seating and beds for my kids.

I have a full sized counter and sink with hot and cold running water (that I barely use). I built a “shower/emergency potty” stall That the lid folds down to make another
Counter top when it’s not in use.

I need to figure out a better bumper so I can mount a bike rack and maybe built a roof rack.

With so many windows, they let a lot of light in and I’m glad we didn’t go with a school
Bus that has those tiny windows.

Not sure I have any regrets other than I used self adhesive flooring from OLLIE’S that isn’t really sticking too well and the joints are separating. (I’ll probably tear it up later and put something better down)

I am only at about 90% completion because I fell and broke both of my arms and I had to put the finishing touches on hold.
Both arms, OUCH. How inconvenient. I had a buddy who, against his parents wishes, bought a motorcycle. The first week he owned it a lady pulled out in front of him and he hit her and flew over the car and planted into a curb breaking both wrists. He was in good spirits when I visited him in the hospital. He was fine with his condition until I asked him "Who's gonna wipe your ass for the next 4 months?", at which point he broke down and just started crying. he hadn't planned on that issue.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #24

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Chevy P6500
Engine: GM tbi 427T 7.0L
I've got a '92 Champion built for the Detroit Airport. It's a Chevy 6500 chassis with a tbi 427T bolted to an Allison 545.
27' bumper to bumper
19'6" from the back of the drivers seat to the back door
7'6" wide inside.
I picked it up for $800 with minor engine problems, fixed the engine, gutted the inside, and am currently moving all the battery cables and battery box. Next step is to remove all the rust scale from the gas tank and line it then start on some of the rusted sheet metal on the exterior followed by paint, roof sealer, new window seals and exterior lighting before moving back to the inside.
CMAK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #25

I just bought an 02 Aerotech 24 foot from public surplus. I took out most of the seats and planning to remove wheel chair lift. I can think of any reason to keep the lift. It is a CNG 5.4 Ford E450. I'd like to convert to diesel down the road.https://m.publicsurplus.com/sms/auct...4259&from=view

Going up a big grade top speed was 25 mph. I don't know if it's a gearing issue or it needs trans fluid.

Any suggestions, comments, or advice is appreciated.
socalcraigster is offline   Reply With Quote