Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2016, 05:35 AM   #1

Skoolietech

Ok, We did it.
After months of shopping and creeping on this site, my best friend and I have bought a bus. Actually we bought it back in September, but since then has been a whirlwind so I am just now getting to post about it. She is an eight window International, wheelchair lift in back. DT466, 212,xxx miles, runs great. We picked it up outside of Boise and drove it back to western Oregon where we live during a three day weekend, and now it is parked at a friends while we do some renovations.

Here is the kicker, in order to save money and pay for this adventure, we are roughing it in the bus while we renovate it. This is why we have been busy the last month, we had to get the bus ready to meet our basic living needs as well as move out of our expensive rental house. This might seem crazy, but we are avid backpackers and travelers, and have lived together for months in both tents and cars, so we aren't too worried.

We have already made some progress, so expect more posts soon. I read that I can't post pictures till I get to ten posts, so I'll go back and add them when I get to ten. Until then you can see them on the blog at skoolietech.com

I've gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from these threads and I am really grateful for the skoolie community. All aboard the bus.

Willamette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #2

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: GM 6.5L Duramax Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26
Fantastic!

Excellent! I can't imagine trying to live in that work space. Keep us posted (pictures of the renovation are always a plus).

What are your plans for the wheelchair lift in the back? I'm sure there's some way to turn it into something cool.
ermccune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 32 Passenger
I have the same bus. Just got my shower installed last night. Fun job !! I was able to put my whelk chair lift on Craigslist and I got $400 for it. Tried to figure how I could use it as a motorcycle lift. Oh well, every little bit helps to defray the cost. Have fun!!!
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:29 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2000
Engine: 6.5L Turbo
Just checked out your blog, great start!

I am jealous that you are living in it while you build. Do you have electricity already wired up or are you bumming utilities somehow?
zelseman is offline   Reply With Quote