Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1978
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy 1 ton dually
Engine: Chevy 350 4bbl
Still no name..

Hi all. Am recently new to this whole 'skoolie' thing. I bought a '78 GMC 4 window school bus a few weeks ago that already had some conversion work done to it. A previous owner repainted it with that textured garage floor paint, as well as removed most the seats and built 2 single bunks for sleeping on and installed a tip out awning on the side.
Apparently I'm still too new to upload pics right now. Anyway, my current mission is to clean it out, get it running (as it sat in a field for close to 2 years), and use it as a hunting camper. Later on, the wife and I plan on gutting everything and doing a camper conversion to it. I've been working on the bus off and on for a few weeks now and am down to the last week before hunting season starts when the wife points out I still haven't named it yet.
Now I've read through here and seen a lot name it after items they've found in the bus.. I'd rather not go that route as, other than change and very old candy, the only things I've found was an old Spyderco pocket knife and a LOT of spiders! lol
The name I am leaning towards is RoadKill. This will be used for various camping trips but will also become my new hunting camper. Also, due to the nature of getting this up and going, it reminds me of the tv show "Roadkill" where they buy cheap junk vehicles, put bare minimum into them and attempt to drive them to a destination (usually a few hundred miles away).
So what do you all think? Am just looking for ideas right now because we're starting to draft up plans for the conversion and I'd like to name it before we start doing any real changes so we can decorate accordingly. No, I'm not going to deck it out in dead animals if named RoadKill.. but RealTree or Mossy Oak camo is an option. lol

Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Why not name it "The Squirrel Cage"?
Ever heard Germans try to say "Squirrel"?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Eichhörnchen= Squirrel

Käfigläufer= Squirrel cage
Old 10-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Hahaha that's some funny stuff right there! Hmm, Squirrel Cage huh? Sounds catchy
Old 10-04-2016, 03:40 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
Hello Squirrel,

I am still waiting for episode 55 of Roadkill to air. They were some of ky motivation to sell the Mercedes and buy the old GMC truck i so loved.
You know i keep thinking i might suggest an old Skoolie for an episode.
I bet if they did one theyd fall in love, esp since some of the older ones have big block chevy and Ford motors.

Good luck with the repair.
Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:08 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carytowncat View Post
Hello Squirrel,

I am still waiting for episode 55 of Roadkill to air. They were some of ky motivation to sell the Mercedes and buy the old GMC truck i so loved.
You know i keep thinking i might suggest an old Skoolie for an episode.
I bet if they did one theyd fall in love, esp since some of the older ones have big block chevy and Ford motors.

Good luck with the repair.
Thanks! Ya know, I was thinking if I went with RoadKill, that I might contact them and tell the guys about my project. It could give them an idea of a cool episode for a skoolie. Or maybe they could come check out my bus! lol