Old 04-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #61
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 6.6 LLY Duramax
Rated Cap: 15
I saw the light and am going to have a single regulator and bypass the ones that came with the stove and water heater. Which meant getting copper, sold by interior diameter and level of flexibility, and fittings which are sold by the pipeís OD. Definitely less irritating to learn about this before buying and getting home. Plus be sure to get the desired thicknesses because there is a choice.
Epomethius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:54 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Chassis: still looking for my bus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epomethius View Post
I saw the light and am going to have a single regulator and bypass the ones that came with the stove and water heater. Which meant getting copper, sold by interior diameter and level of flexibility, and fittings which are sold by the pipeís OD. Definitely less irritating to learn about this before buying and getting home. Plus be sure to get the desired thicknesses because there is a choice.
copper fittings that are sold as 1/2" are sized to fit the OD of 1/2" ID copper pipe
Sleddgracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #63
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 6.6 LLY Duramax
Rated Cap: 15
Did some sink work and other plumbing stuff. I like the repurposed redwood undermount for the sink. You can see the shims I used to get everything copacetic.

A neighborís memories of traveling around in a VW bus were reawakened and in serious contention for Impulse Action of the Year award bought a super cool, 2 piece windshield 26í rv. Old skool gas engine that sounds killer. First night took it out for some camping action.

Less than $10k. Needs tires, maybe other stuff though maybe not. Has solar, all the rv stuff. While there are certainly things I like more about and can do better in the bus , be honest before buying and deciding to convert. Iím kinda frugal, doing the stuff outside of mechanical and still Iím at $15k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3E8AC8F4-DFB3-41AC-B428-76FB6496B2F4.jpg (167.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg B20FFF38-7585-47E3-AB6C-5C3D43392EC8.jpg (266.8 KB, 5 views)
Epomethius is offline   Reply With Quote