Originally Posted by Hvbuzz
Are you home yet CC?
I've been thinking quite a bit about this thread and your journey. I haven't had a problem with the bus overheating till this vacation. This morning, I pulled the inner fenders out, and that made almost a 15 degree drop in water temp. I couldn't believe it helped that much. I think my inner fenders will be staying off for now on. When I get home I will be doing a full size radiator and inner cooler swap this year.
I will need to look at my fenders. The list of mechanical items to be done to the bus in no particular order. Probably cheap and easy will play into the decision.
1. Larger tires. Has 9R22.5, will go to 11R22.5
2. Find at least one or two 6 lug 22.5 rims for spares.
3. Replace split radiator and intercooler with full width units.
4. Incorporate brand new motor grader hydraulic cooler into transmission cooler system. I already own this.
5. Install MT647 transmission that I bought from Choolbuus on my way back from Texas.
6. Change rearend gears if and only if this doesn't bring the rpms down to 2000 at a comfortable cruising speed. FASTER THAN 45 MPH!!!
That's all that I can think of right now. For the inside, a quick setup to get my RV title. This needs to be done as fast as I can get it done. The bus is very solid. The items listed above are only improvements for long distance driving. Nothing wrong with the bus as it sits other than screaming down the freeway while cruising 55 mph.