Year: 1990
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: C60
Engine: Chevy 7.4l 454 FI
Rated Cap: 59
Re: The last ride of the Yellow Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinHack
Also our fans have been so awesome and started a fund so we can get our bus back up and running. So far weíre at $2000 and Iím wondering if it would be better to scrap the current bus and get ourselves a different one that hasnít been completely submerged in sewer water. Iím really thinking of getting a larger bus as we ran out of room very often on the one I currently own. Iím really fond of the flat nose busses lately, as it seems there are a lot more room in them.

So what do you all think I should do, try to fix up the current one, or find another one to replace her?

I've got some pictures of the bus now that it's out of the water and in a salvage lot that'll all post as soon as I get them off my camera.
totally submerged?? If it were me and I was wanting a bigger bus anyway and given the money you have gotten, I would find another to redo. I lived thru the floods of '93 here with the missisppi river and to get that smell out you would have to gut it all the way out. so wether you do a new conversion or clean out the old one you are facing a complete gutting out of the interior. plus the electricals, gauges, switches will be full of muck as well. the insulation will be soaked with it behind the walls and ceiling. start fresh and learn from your past experiences when you are laying the new one out.
ramairws601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #12
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinHack
Hello all,

Thanks for the suggestions of what to do to possibly fix the bus. Often the statement if it is a gasser I should be able to fix it, how about if itís a diesel? Also it was completely submerged for a couple days, Iím sure that changes a few things as well, the pictures I posted were early on while the water was still rising.

I was able to go back to Nashville today and take a look at the bus, and I have to say it looks pretty nasty inside her, and the smell was horrible. Guess thatís what happens when river mixes with sewer and god knows what.

Also our fans have been so awesome and started a fund so we can get our bus back up and running. So far weíre at $2000 and Iím wondering if it would be better to scrap the current bus and get ourselves a different one that hasnít been completely submerged in sewer water. Iím really thinking of getting a larger bus as we ran out of room very often on the one I currently own. Iím really fond of the flat nose busses lately, as it seems there are a lot more room in them.

So what do you all think I should do, try to fix up the current one, or find another one to replace her?

I've got some pictures of the bus now that it's out of the water and in a salvage lot that'll all post as soon as I get them off my camera.
I'd fix it. I'd use this as an excuse to totally redo the inside of it. Make sure all the water is out of the motor, I bet I could drive it home. Unless it hydrolocked, water won't hurt a diesel...heck, a diesel will run while submerged if you can get air to it!
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #13
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 25
Send a message via AIM to Stuff Send a message via MSN to Stuff

check with your DMV. I know in saskatchewan that a submerged vehicle cannot be re-safetied and plated again.

My Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/thestuffz
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #14
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

So just don't actually admit what happened.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote