Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Ford
BTW the first picture def. does look bowed out. That was before I had the screws in through the bottom, its actually level now. Also, I Have a back splash to attach from trimming the board down for the back as well so it's not sitting flush with the window/ insulation.

Nimbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:42 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

so what do you all have for battery banks in your bus'? I have an Idea; but electrical is the one thing i am not really all that comfortable with. I want to be able to charge/ run a laptop, 12v coolatron, a few LED light strips, and maybe a little heater/ fan depending on the season.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:28 AM   #23
Bus Nut

With what you want to do, it depends more on how you plan to charge the batteries. We've run a similar "house load" for years on a single 120AH deep-cycle battery. We'd charge it each day by running the generator for a few hours, or hooking up the car.

Small devices have small draw and can run for a long time this way. Even a "big" laptop draw is typically only 75-95W. A microwave off an inverter is going to be 1000-1500W - MANY times more. It's when you start talking microwaves, griddles, toasters, (big) refrigerators, furnace fans, water heaters, etc. that you start needing more sophisticated solutions.

If you Google around you can find dozens of calculators and spreadsheets for figuring out how to size a system. Here's just one example:

calculating your solar power needs

You need to do some math on what you want to do before asking for general advice. Otherwise it's just guesswork.
taskswap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Hi we are not dead nor have we given up. Bus is coming together nicely and we have been sleeping in her for the whole summer. Have all the panelling/ walls/ floor in and such. Finishing touches are taking forever due to money but i will post some pics when i can. Havent had internet for a bit so im doing this over my phone