It's been a busy couple of weeks. All the little problems that showed up on our first trip have been fixed, I finished my storage/electrical closet, the ceiling has been carpeted and some of the oak trim is up. It's very satisfying to have some more bits finished.
Carpeting the ceiling was quite the adventure. I had asked a flooring contractor what was the best way to glue carpet to a ceiling and he just laughed and told me to bring a drop cloth and lots of rags. I used some light weight indoor/outdoor carpeting so it stuck to the adhesive quite willingly, but getting the damned adhesive up there in the first place was a study in frustration. By the time I got it all glued up I had adhesive drips all over the floor, on my clothes, on my skin and in my hair. Thankfully it was water based stuff and easy to clean up.
Here's the adhesive I used. It dries to a rubbery consistency.
The finished product. The break in the carpeting will be a wire chase between the two closets once they are installed.
This is the bedroom area. Some of the oak trim is up. It was so dry at our campsite on the 4th of july weekend that we couldn't set off our fireworks. We'll set them off next time we go up. This year our restrictive Michigan fireworks laws were repealed and now we can get the good stuff without trekking off to Ohio. This box isn't the good stuff BTW.
Here is the electrical closet. Batteries will live in the base and the Progressive Dynamics power center will go in the hole at the top.
Check out the profile at the back of the closet. I'll have to adjust it a bit now that the carpet is in. Those bus walls aren't even close to being straight.
I blinged up my stock light fixtures with a bit of oak.