Last weekend I got the cooktop/oven and the Atwood furnace installed.
Just as I was heading in to clean up I saw the neighbor's akita dog running past our house trailing his tether. I didn't want him to get hit by a car so I trotted over to drag him home. I called him and he came to me tail wagging. As I reached out to pet him he grabbed my arm and gave me a couple of good chomps. An akita is like a grisly bear with a long tail and a puppy cut so his friendly little chomp made me a left-hander for the next few days. Didn't get chewed as much as mashed. My wrist felt like I'd smacked it with a hammer. Check out the bite radius on that sucker.
The upper kitchen cabinet is in and I made a little storage bin under the bed that covers the wheel well bump.
There's a huge cherry tree next to our driveway and it grew a bumper crop of tiny cherries this year. Of course every last one landed on top of the bus and made a nasty mess so I drove Roachie in to work to give it a good bath. While I was there I filled the water tank and fired up the water pump. Naturally, the only connection that leaked was the hardest to get to. A loose hose clamp was the culprit and I got the floor squeaky clean while mopping up the water. The pipes held pressure overnight so we're good to go there. The home-made accumulator worked nicely.
The Atwood furnace is working fine. So we now have 5 ways to heat the bus:
Engine - expensive to run and annoying to fellow campers. Useful only when traveling.
Furnace - Convenient and no worries about monoxide poisoning or excess humidity, but the fan draws 45 watts and it seemingly vents as much heat outside as it puts into the bus.
1500 watt electric milk house heater - Handy if we're plugged in to shore power and totally silent.
Propane cooktop - No battery draw and 100% efficient, but it does put out a fair amount of humidity. Monoxide poisoning is a real possibility.
Little Buddy catalytic propane heater - Similar to the cooktop but no danger of monoxide poisoning. It can burn up all the oxygen in the bus, so neither the cooktop or Little Budy will be used when we're asleep.
So now we have light, heat, hot and cold running water, bathroom facilities, and a working kitchen. Progress!!