Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2017, 02:16 AM   #1

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Gmc
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 48
The unnamed great deal bus

Hey yall, been a lurker here for a long time, and am now starting the skoolie adventure

Bit of a back story, my parents were planning to move from Saskatchewan to British Columbia a couple years ago, and since they planned on renting, Dad decided he would buy a bus to use as a workshop. After going to tbe auction, and scoring a good deal, he brought it home. A couple days later, a rep from the school board came over, and asked to buy it back for what he paid, it turned out that they had just finjshed refurbishing it, and someone had accidentally sent the wrong bus to auction. Dad declined the offer, but did get copies of all maintenance records. From the time Dad brought it home, Mom wanted to convert it, so she could see us kids. Well after a long battle with cancer, my mom passed away recently, and Dad gave the bus to me, so i could fulfill her dream for a skoolie.(also been a huge dream for my family, so part memorial, part father daughter project)

It is a 1994 gmc bluebird 8 window( if i have the window counting method correct)
Cat 3116, 5 speed and the following work was done just before the auction oopsie

Rebuilt motor and head
New turbo
New rad
New clutch
Rebuilt 5 speed tranny
New u joints
Rebuild rearend
New brakes(including drums)
New tires
New steering

Probably not going to be the quickest project, as i intend to do everything right the first time, and want to do a wanderlodge level of quality(high end).

Anyways, sorry for the somewhat obstructed view, but here she is

Haywire1 is offline   Reply With Quote