Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2009, 01:12 PM   #1

Year: 1996
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: Vandura
Engine: 3500
Rated Cap: 22
What to do with Short Bus

A friend and I just bought a 1996 GMC Vandura 3500 Short Bus. We got it from the maintenance company that serviced it for 12 years for $1200. It runs great as we drove it from Bloomington, MN up to Plymouth, MN and it had no problem on the interstate. We are in the process of taking out the seats and re-configuring the interier and we had a few questions.

Keep in mind our main uses for the bus will be for tailgating, camping and the occasional ride to downtown Minneapolis with 10-15 friends.

1) What should I expect to pay to have the bus painted? We are thinking just something simple, maybe a few flames.

2) Any good tips on the interier? We were thinking, take all seats and flooring out, put new base floor in and laminate wood flooring. Then either put seats back in in a differnt configuration or put new seats in, like benches or something that will give us more room to walk around.

3) We would like to be able to take the bus around town, but we are trying to figure out the open container laws in Minnesota regarding this. Is the bus treated like a limo or party bus where people can be drinking in the back? Or is it like a normal vehicle where you cannot have an open container anywhere? Any help on these questions would be great.

Minnesota Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote