Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2019, 05:44 AM   #81
Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: IC
Engine: T444e, 7.3
Rated Cap: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I couldn't get any idea of the wattage of those light, any idea?
I might try some of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/7-51W-Round...Jdjr:rk:8:pf:0
It looks like they are 51 watts? The single LED bulbs are 3 watts each and there are 17 of them. Which seems kind of high for and LED fixture.

consti2tion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:47 AM   #82
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
No mention as to how they switch from fog to flood. I imagine a switch is involved? The stock light just has a gasket behind it and screws over a 2" hole in the body. These should mount the same way. That listing I posted is $30.99 for a pair. You go deep in the listing to see "pair"
I have bought LED light bars for my ATV that have flood/fog. There would be a switch that you wired to the two hot wires. Pretty simple.

When I wired my lights up top, i used the old rocker switch that was connected to the rear heater that I removed.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:59 AM   #83
Skoolie

Here are some recent pictures of the build. I'm not much of a photographer and it's a pain to host pictures from other sites so the quality isn't great. These are from my album on here.

Picture of the finished front AC and step well area. I work for the gas company so I figured some vintage line marking signs would be neat for a door for the little storage compartment.

The dryer flex duct is just temporary heat from the driver's heater for my wife to have some heat. It works until I make some kind of shroud with a vent.
I will be cutting a hole on the left side of the AC unit to attach some 2.5" ducting and a couple of remote mount AC vents from retro air for cars, so that I will have some AC directed at me.

We painted the bus a few weeks ago! We just spray painted it. But I sanded it thoroughly and primed it first. The paint looks good enough for us

Here are some more pictures of the front LED lights. I am going to wet sand and recoat the hood eventually. It didn't turn out quite right.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #84
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
You are doing a great job with your build.

I like the paint and the contrasting stripes on the grille, and the idea of using the vintage signage. Your whole step area looks great also.

I DON'T like the fact we had to wait so long for an update.

Keep up the good work.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #85
Skoolie

Thank you so much!

Lol I will try to update with other pictures more often. I’m not good at keeping pictures updates. My wife does well with that on Instagram. I’ll get on the computer in the morning and put up some pictures of the bathroom and the other interior pictures.
One day I will get on and upload all of the pictures of the build.

I’m a BMW enthusiast, so the grill stripes are my version of “M Stripes”

We are really pleased with the way the entrance turned out. My wife is pretty handy, she did the “tile” and stained and cut a lot of the wood.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:49 AM   #86
Skoolie

Here are some more pictures of the build.

This is the day I got to pull the oil pan off to repair a leaking oil pan gasket.
I ended up using the Moroso Oil pan gasket, versus using the heavy duty grey silicone that it came with out of the factory. I highly suggest this to anyone with a T444E. We also used black RTV silicone on top and bottom of the gasket, no one should have to do this gasket job twice! At least not within a couple weeks. If I have to do it 5 years from now so be it.

Old 04-15-2019, 05:53 AM   #87
Skoolie

Here is our bathroom and shower finished out. The electrical box is only a junction for the 12v lighting, so no worries about 120v in a wet location. The conduit doubles as curtain rods and 12v wiring for lighting throughout the bus.

Here are our buddies just lounging in their beds under the couch. These guys are what motivated us to build our bus in the first place, we went on a trip to England/Scotland/France a few years ago and decided we don't like leaving them behind. So we decided we needed to take them with us from now on!
Old 04-15-2019, 05:58 AM   #88
Skoolie

Here is the DVD player so the wife can watch TV while rolling! Need to get a soundbar though, a little tough to hear the TV.

Here is the couch and the colorful pillows my wife has collected for the bus lol

Here's the bed and under bed drawers, they came from a waterbed my father found cleaning out a storage unit. My wife has since sewn blackout curtain material on the back of the curtains to help insulate and darken the bus at night.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 AM   #89
Skoolie

And here we are prepping for paint sanding, masking, wiping down with paint thinner. We had previously used TSP when we coated the roof. But I decided I would rather just sand the bus down vs relying on something to make the paint adhere to what was once a glossy finish. So the TSP was just out there from when we were trying to decide haha.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #90
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Chassis: Collins
Engine: 6.6L LMM Duramax
Thanks for the pictures! I love the LED lights on the front and rear. I might borrow that idea as well. I also like the look of your bathroom. I'll start that process on mine soon and like your wall behind the toilet. Is that tongue and groove boards?
Old 04-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #91
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frochevy View Post
Thanks for the pictures! I love the LED lights on the front and rear. I might borrow that idea as well. I also like the look of your bathroom. I'll start that process on mine soon and like your wall behind the toilet. Is that tongue and groove boards?
Thank you very much!

No those are actually scrap pieces of wood that are used to crate appliances. I got them from my father. He works for an appliance company.