Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2015, 05:41 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 12
Which bus should I buy?

Hey everyone, im so glad I found this site. Ive had the bus rv dream for a while may come to fruition pretty soon. now im looking for something not to large or not too small, be able to sleep 4 and travel close as possible to 70. i have my eyes on a shorty I believe to be a 27 passenger 1988 gmc with the 8.2l fuel pincher. (i like the projected 13mpg i hear this gets) bluebird (the price is right $1500 and it sounds good too) I did test drive it but its a dog! and the ride is rough. ive heard things like these guys only tops out at 50. I like the size but man that's way to slow I know it can be fixed either by sizing up the tires and re-gearing but that's big $$$ (because low budget guy), any ideas what I should be looking for? Thanks!
THE-LAZOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:08 PM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
sdwarf36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moodus, Ct.
Posts: 1,054
Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
Well-life ain't free. How much did you have in mind to spend going in? $4k? (just making a number up ) So you find a $1500 bus that fits your needs otherwise-and spend $1000 to change gears. To me that works out to a $2500 bus thats how you wanted it-and you're $1500 to the good.
The ride improves when under load. The thing was sprung for a full load of passengers. Depending on how much of a interior you build-or how much stuff you attach, the ride will get better.
Hell- pretty much anything that rolls under its own power is worth $1500.
__________________
Don't make a fuss-just get on the bus!

my bus build http://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 231
Mine is forsale, it rides smooth quiet and will run 70 plus mph, travel safely in the mountains with power and stopping ability and so much more!
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:42 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36 View Post
Well-life ain't free. How much did you have in mind to spend going in? $4k? (just making a number up ) So you find a $1500 bus that fits your needs otherwise-and spend $1000 to change gears. To me that works out to a $2500 bus thats how you wanted it-and you're $1500 to the good.
The ride improves when under load. The thing was sprung for a full load of passengers. Depending on how much of a interior you build-or how much stuff you attach, the ride will get better.
Hell- pretty much anything that rolls under its own power is worth $1500.
Yeah if you look at it that way. But I guess I'm looking for something that almost there and just needs interior work so mostly ac and highway speeds. Thank you.
THE-LAZOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_hasbeen View Post
Mine is forsale, it rides smooth quiet and will run 70 plus mph, travel safely in the mountains with power and stopping ability and so much more!
Hi so what kind of bus is it? Pics? Price?
THE-LAZOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #6
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 231
here is the link to it in the classified section of this forum

78 inch head room from the factory, less than 30000 on a complete re-man engine.



http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/19...oom-11401.html
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
Site Team
 
crazycal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_hasbeen View Post
here is the link to it in the classified section of this forum

78 inch head room from the factory, less than 30000 on a complete re-man engine.



http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f14/19...oom-11401.html

I thought you sold it on Fleabay?
__________________
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Skoolie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 231
nope it was close to the reserve but not quite there, have had a few people asking Q's about it from here and there and so on.
c_hasbeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.