Old 06-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #11
Site Team

I haven't had my full dose of coffee yet so forgive me if I sound confused. You want to buy a car for $2000 that you can hook up a one wire GM alternator because you don't want to spend $500 for solar panels? Then you want to tow this car around because it's better to drag an extra few thousand pounds behind your bus to do what? Is this setup for your bus? If you need to run your car for an hour to get it warm in the morning, you might consider a block heater. I reserve the right to come back and change this post if the light in my head comes on.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM   #12
Site Team

Solar panels can be had for $1 +/- per watt. That's pretty cheap compared to when I first started looking at solar. Back then it was about 8 per watt.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 03:37 PM   #13
Bus Nut

I was wrong about Solar. i just got back to speed on it. The vehicle is going along anyway.Why not be able to use it? What is wrong with that? I can't stand a generator buzzing in the back ground.I am gong to use Solar after read about it for about 2 hrs yesterday but i want a back up system. I want function for good value. You add a generator and then you have to purchase it give it a mounting spot and then maintain it and put up with the noise.
My way is to use plug ins like Tow trucks use for jump starting on both ends. They plug into a fender mount.I am just utilizing what i already own and will do the job.

1998 Ford B700 Thomas body 65 passenger. 5.9 Cummins 12 valve with MT643 Transmission 123,000 miles.
Versatile is offline   Reply With Quote