Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #41
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 3116 catapillar
Rated Cap: 71 now 2 humans 1 cat
the acceleration rate would have most stop lites already red before 1 truck would get thru would you like to be in the car behind?

mmoore6856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #42
Bus Crazy

fix that problem and im onboard
Old 11-26-2017, 02:17 PM   #43
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I got to ride the new bluebird electric school bus at NAPT here in columbus.. (wasnt allowed to video it).. and i simply didnt post pics here and start a flame war.. but I have to say it was pretty peppy... had I a CDL theyd have let me drive it.. one of the biggest issues with an elecgtric bus is climate control in super cold weather.. the heat is electric.. heat pump is good for milder days but it still KILLS the range..

acceleration was pretty fast from a dead stop which is where a diesel falls flat due to turbo spooling.. vehicle electrification isnt there yet but will be at some point.. governments unfortunately are accelerating things way beyond what the technology and market is ready for...

I dont remember governments outlawing horses and buggies so that everyone would get a car.. cars came along and people got them when the technology and market allowed..

we also didnt have big horse farms paying off senators to vote against people developing Internal combustion engines... ..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #44
Bus Crazy

Early car drivers had a butload of strange laws. Ohio i believe made drivers get out at intersections and yell or shoot a gun off to cross check it out some rules were to keep cars from becoming the primary mode of transportation all courtesy of the horse riders
Old 11-26-2017, 06:07 PM   #45
Bus Crazy

And yes the horse people paid politicians off to pass these laws
Old 11-26-2017, 07:30 PM   #46
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International FE
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 84 passengers
I personally would like to see the automotive industry move towards fuel cells. One reason is I honestly don't think the planet has enough natural resources to put a large battery on every single car on the road. With a fuel cell vehicle you can get away with a relatively small battery to act as a buffer between the fuel stack and your powertrain.

We also have thousands of gas stations already in place across the nation. All of that infrastructure is already in place and could be upgraded to pump hydrogen.

Hydrogen is the most abundant element in our universe. Sure, most hydrogen is produced via fossil fuels today but could be produced via renewable energy sources in the future.

And a fuel cell vehicle can be refueled in a few minutes versus a battery electric vehicle. Sure, solid state batteries are going to improve upon the required charging time but again, that whole limited natural resources thing...

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't enjoy the convenience of fossil fuels but we've got to make a change or start sterilizing every baby born on this planet. For what it's worth, University of Michigan just produced a study to calculate how many mpg a gasoline car would need to achieve to produce fewer carbon emissions than an electric car. It's an interesting, quick read. https://blog.caranddriver.com/not-ze...ly-by-country/
rensch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:36 AM   #47
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
More German plundering of coal-

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01e1a4b1a2d89
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote