Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 366 Gas
Re: WOOD GASIFICATION!

Off the subject just a little... Fuel mileage with a bus with a 366 engine..I have pickup a little over two MPG in my bus with just two changes and hope to get another gal. with my next change... Frist thing I did was installed daul exhaust (big change) the motor run better , MPG better and started better......Next a got rid for that F#####G Holley carb. and installed a Rochester Quadrajet. If you know how a Quadrajet works It is the best carb to run for mileage.
And the last thing will be electric cooling fans that will take off a big load....It's working for me...I also have taller tires..
Old 10-16-2009, 09:24 AM   #12

Year: 91
Coachwork: flexevan
Chassis: xxxxxx
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 12

GOING FOR A DRIVE ON WOODGAS
check it out .. click this link.. it takes a while to load if you have a slow computer
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YhmTjLZKing&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YhmTjLZKing&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
MPGvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #13

sorry if the link didn't work .. try this utube link ..Driving on woodgas
Old 10-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #14

he gets 40 miles on a 25lb gunny sack of wood
Old 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #15

sorry the last post was 25 miles on a 40lb gunny sack of wood..
OLD TRUCK RUNNING ON WOOD GAS
Old 10-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #16

Redneck on his Woodgas Fordson tractor . Proof: This is not rocket science.... lmao

Old 10-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #17

old furgason tractor with a very nice compact gasafire system.. runs clean!
Old 06-29-2011, 03:50 AM   #18

Don't know what happen just now. But I was typing in a reply and apperantly hit the wrong key and lost every thing I had typed in. So if this gets posted the second time forgive me, but I think what I was about to post would be a big help for some on this subject.

While I am new to this site I would like to chime in a little on this subject.

For the last year year or so I have been researching and studing everything I can find on this subject. While I have found many really good sites that provided good info on the subject. I have also found old outdated and pirated info, to the scam sites trying to sell plans. To some that are just plain garbage that have know idea what they are talking about. The one I would recommend everyone take a look at is GEK at http://www.gekgasifier.com/ These people are experts on the subject of Gasifiers. All the info on this site is free with no BS pay for this or pay for that nosence, with many many plans you can download in several formats. Like DXF, PNG, PDF and even HTML.

They provide you with everything you could ever want to know about gasifiers, from seek-um to fetch. From basic DIY scroungable items you can find nearly anywhere, all the the way up to complete turnkey systems they build. With kits for those would don't want to go, the find your own materals route, to any stage you want, all the way to complete turnkey systems

While most of the plans they have are geared toward stationary units for Electrical Power production, they have build and tested moble units for cars and so-forth. There system is scalable from small units to run home emergency generators to hugh power plants and can run gas or diesel engines.

Now I'm not a part of this outfit in any way shape nor form. I'm just a guy that has done due diligants researching this subject and have found this site to be best IMHO. Currently I'm gathering materials to build my first unit. Which I plan to mount on a trailer so I can run either stationary or moble.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim
Proudhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #19

Maybe buses could take a page from wood stove alternative fuels. Some of the catalytic stoves can be configured to run on corn, wheat, and bio mass fuels.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
Bus Crazy

Victory turnkey $ 29999.