Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2016, 09:20 PM   #141
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morefire View Post
Nope..... just a weekend warrior set up. Friday night after work, Load up with the family, bikes and supplies, and head to the Motocross track for the weekend, back home Sunday night, then repeat weekly for the summer.
definitely a great set up for that. I just think you did such a great job that its hard to imagine not wanting to live in it.

keiffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 10:50 AM   #142
Bus Nut

New Coach Shell find

Quote:
Hard to say about the price, because when I bought the shell, I also bought the brand new Cummins engine, PLUS I had them do the metal work and side skins...... everything else in the build I did myself at home.
I spend over $100,000. on this one. I could have done it for a fraction of the price, BUT I wanted the BRANDNEW coach instead of used, and I wanted all the high end features of those million dollar coaches..... Cummins-650 engine/MH4000 trans, PowerTech/Kubota 15K gen, the BIG Aquahot etc......
Morefire, you definitely got lucky finding a factory new coach shell that was all new mechanically but a blank canvas to build on. How did you find the seller....just by chance on Craigslist or another similar site? You mentioned earlier he had other shells from the same batch, do you know know if he still has them? You said he was cutting some up for scrap, hope he wasn't planning on doing that to the other rolling chassis.
dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 12:20 PM   #143
Almost There

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Express 40'
Engine: Cummins ISX 650HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorila1 View Post
Morefire, you definitely got lucky finding a factory new coach shell that was all new mechanically but a blank canvas to build on. How did you find the seller....just by chance on Craigslist or another similar site? You mentioned earlier he had other shells from the same batch, do you know know if he still has them? You said he was cutting some up for scrap, hope he wasn't planning on doing that to the other rolling chassis.

I ran into him on Ebay. My Plan was to buy an old Prevost, and repower it with a brand new drive train, and make it mechanically new before starting my build, The Seller was selling the engine and other parts from this coach, and I was going to buy it, but then made him an offer on the entire coach as is....... I did so just in time before he put a wrench on it.

He had 2 more rolling shells, no engine though..... not sure what he did with them, I think he might have pulled the parts and chopped them up for scrap metal

http://www.ebay.com/usr/7silver see if this link works... 7silver is his ebay name, his actual name is Wayne.
morefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #144
Bus Nut

Quote:
I ran into him on Ebay. My Plan was to buy an old Prevost, and repower it with a brand new drive train, and make it mechanically new before starting my build, The Seller was selling the engine and other parts from this coach, and I was going to buy it, but then made him an offer on the entire coach as is....... I did so just in time before he put a wrench on it.

He had 2 more rolling shells, no engine though..... not sure what he did with them, I think he might have pulled the parts and chopped them up for scrap metal

7silver on eBay see if this link works... 7silver is his ebay name, his actual name is Wayne.
Just looked at his ebay account. It appears he did gut the other shells. He's got what's left of a coach posted listing the baggage compartment doors for sale, along with some Prevost parts.
Did you look at Class 8 truck conversions during your search (Showhauler and other mfrs)? This type of rig is the ideal truck I want to get because the engines are so easy to work on and can be serviced anywhere. The big plus is they can tow anything since they are based on a big rig setup. Just saw one on the govt auction site that was seized from a drug dealer. Racingjunk.com is a great place to browse for them. Thanks for all the info.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #145
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorila1 View Post
Just looked at his ebay account. It appears he did gut the other shells. He's got what's left of a coach posted listing the baggage compartment doors for sale, along with some Prevost parts.
Did you look at Class 8 truck conversions during your search (Showhauler and other mfrs)? This type of rig is the ideal truck I want to get because the engines are so easy to work on and can be serviced anywhere. The big plus is they can tow anything since they are based on a big rig setup. Just saw one on the govt auction site that was seized from a drug dealer. Racingjunk.com is a great place to browse for them. Thanks for all the info.
Did you call him? his number is at the bottom of his ads. he's a Bus dealer, hardly anything is on Ebay.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #146
Bus Nut

Just sent him an email to see what he has. Thanks.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:46 AM   #147
Almost There

So I get a call to come down to the RV Storage yard....

To find this!!������

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

3 men in Tactical gear smashed into 14 RV's
[/URL][/IMG]
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 AM   #148
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Oh man... Sorry to hear about that.

Did they take anything or just vandalize everyones stuff in tac gear?
Maybe the swat team were bored? Jk...
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:01 AM   #149
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
WTF!!!??? --- They had BETTER be wearing Kevlar vests if caught pulling that crap around here. Maybe terrorists looking for a larger explosives carrier? Were any taken or all just vandalized?
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #150
Almost There

They also broke into the trailer. There was a portable diesel backup generator in there and they didn't steal it. Not sure what they took. Maybe tools.

[/URL][/IMG]
Old 03-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #151
Bus Geek

Sounds really odd to me.
A well-equipped team like that shows up to vandalize stuff and steal some tools?
IDK, maybe they thought there was drugs stashed in there or something.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #152
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Sounds really odd to me.
A well-equipped team like that shows up to vandalize stuff and steal some tools?
Very odd, but they did this to 14 units!!
And only showed up in a car!!

Their movements were very militant and calculated. But they seemed to have enjoyed the vandalism part of this.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #153
Bus Geek

Someone has an enemy or a stash you didn't know about, thats my guess.
Or- maybe with all the elaborate getups and the nature of it all... its someone you know.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:02 AM   #154
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Sounds really odd to me.
it seems unlikely that drugs were stashed in a storage yard but it seems really strange. It seems like a dry run for something. That is a lot of apparel to wear for smashing some windows...?

Is there a video?
100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 05:50 AM   #155
Almost There

There are some videos, but most of them show the men tearing off the 13 cameras first.
I don't feel personally targeted, I actually had the least damage. (Smashed window) some of the other RV's were shredded open like a sardine can, trailers with the sheet metal literally torn open. I'm glad they didn't use the crow bar to rip my door open like they did with the others.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:14 AM   #156
Bus Nut

Quote:
There are some videos, but most of them show the men tearing off the 13 cameras first.
I don't feel personally targeted, I actually had the least damage. (Smashed window) some of the other RV's were shredded open like a sardine can, trailers with the sheet metal literally torn open. I'm glad they didn't use the crow bar to rip my door open like they did with the others.

There's gotta be more to it than random vandalism. Your normal punks out to vandalize stuff don't go to the lengths these guys did and wear all the tactical gear just to tear up some rv's and trailers, especially since they didn't steal anything of significant value. What do the cops have to say about it? What city is the storage yard located in?
Old 03-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #157
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:
That doesn't surprise me. When I had my car stolen out of a Chattanooga hotel parking lot (ironic, because I was down there for the police test), the video showed them disconnecting and stealing the camera first.

Let's hope there's some good work by the local PD, they manage to nail these b*stards, and hope there's some restitution for repairs

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #158
Skoolie

Quote:
NOW, I am thinking it is a disgruntled employee or former tenant...maybe even the competition?
"Sure, you can use Joe shmoes storage but I think they were just a victim of a break in last week. That is what I heard anyway."
I'm just saying...
100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 PM   #159
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG View Post
NOW, I am thinking it is a disgruntled employee or former tenant...maybe even the competition?
"Sure, you can use Joe shmoes storage but I think they were just a victim of a break in last week. That is what I heard anyway."
I'm just saying...
Or could it be a security company looking to build some business by showing how vulnerable the location is and promising they can offer ###### to better protect the place?
Or the owner of the storage facility has pissed off someone real bad.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #160
Bus Geek

Were the other RV's and stuff as nice and badass as yours?