Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2017, 01:44 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Superior Coach
Chassis: Loadstar 1600
Engine: international 345 v8
Lost title nada value?

I am looking for the nada value for a 1967 international 1600 loadstar superior coach. Iv looked everywhere. What would this bus be under commercial vehicle? Because everywhere I looked I don’t see an international 1600 as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrathhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathhaven View Post
I am looking for the nada value for a 1967 international 1600 loadstar superior coach. Iv looked everywhere. What would this bus be under commercial vehicle? Because everywhere I looked I don’t see an international 1600 as an option.

You're going to struggle trying to find a book value for something that old and that obscure. When it comes to old busses like that. I've never found a book that will give value.

When your selling something like that and have to come up with a number, my rule of thumb is take it's value as scrap, add to that the improvements made to it, and then determine any cool factor. At the end of the day though, the value mainly depends on how bad you want to sell it and how bad somebody wants to buy it. There just simply isn't enough of them being bought and sold to have a baseline number in a book a somewhere.

If you're looking for a number for insurance purposes, I usually use what I think it will cost me to replace it. And in that scenario, remember that your labor is worth something.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:24 AM   #3
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
You're going to struggle trying to find a book value for something that old and that obscure. When it comes to old busses like that. I've never found a book that will give value.

When your selling something like that and have to come up with a number, my rule of thumb is take it's value as scrap, add to that the improvements made to it, and then determine any cool factor. At the end of the day though, the value mainly depends on how bad you want to sell it and how bad somebody wants to buy it. There just simply isn't enough of them being bought and sold to have a baseline number in a book a somewhere.

If you're looking for a number for insurance purposes, I usually use what I think it will cost me to replace it. And in that scenario, remember that your labor is worth something.

He lost his title and DMV wants a value, I think. He wants to bring in a book to show them.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

can anyone clear this up for me?
How should the part being put in the paper be worded?

If the previous owner is unknown to the applicant – evidence of a notification in a publication of general circulation in the county in which the application is being made, of the intent of the applicant to apply for the title on the vehicle. The notification shall contain a description of the vehicle, including make, model, year and vehicle identification number, and a request to any and all parties holding an interest in the vehicle to contact the person in possession of the vehicle by certified mail, return receipt requested, within ten (10) business days of the date of the publication.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Call it $500 and be done with it. Are you filing for a mechanic's lien, or what?

Besides, I think you've called it pretty well. The value of that bus, unless it's in extraordinary condition, is nada.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
Call it $500 and be done with it. Are you filing for a mechanic's lien, or what?

Besides, I think you've called it pretty well. The value of that bus, unless it's in extraordinary condition, is nada.
I finally got told by the dmv that since the vehicle is over 30 years old nada doesn't matter
Old 12-14-2017, 04:14 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

they also emailed me this form to fill out

CERTIFICATION OF OWNERSHIP[334].pdf
Old 12-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

Looks like you're home free.

If you did actually pay money for it, it would be to your advantage to have a sales receipt, even if handwritten, stating description ("1967 International Whatnot"), a price, names and addresses of seller and purchaser, and 2 signatures. Even if you didn't pay money, you just got it for the price of hauling it away, "$1 and other goods and services" is a perfectly good amount to pay for an old vehicle.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
And remember whatever price you put on it at this point is also what you pay every year in taxes to the DMV and to the state for property tax.
I would start with the salvage price? In my area its at 2-cent a pound?
But at least while I was working on it the taxes wouldn't hurt that much.
And then upgrade if you want when it's time to put it on the road.but then insurance comes into play and some insurance company want to put there own value on it and some just use what the DMV says.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #10
Bus Nut

If its a truck conversion, there aren't any blue books. If it's a manufacterd RV, dunno if there are books but international didn't build any. Though the did build riding mowers. Like my 1972 Cadet 75 below. Gonna have to get the decal folks to make me a 105 decal as it now sports a 10.5 Intel engine.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #11
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
There are Blue Book values for the major RV's, but not for school buses.

The only real way to establish value is by studying the current market, and deciding what it is worth to you.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:46 PM   #12
Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfersmurf57 View Post
If its a truck conversion, there aren't any blue books. If it's a manufacterd RV, dunno if there are books but international didn't build any. Though the did build riding mowers. Like my 1972 Cadet 75 below. Gonna have to get the decal folks to make me a 105 decal as it now sports a 10.5 Intel engine.

That bad-boy belongs over here

Show that big-block to the crew!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Bus Nut

It did wheelies with the deck on it. Now's the kicker. It will go through a personnel door! Deck included. Sadly I had to make a new deck including the blade towers. And the blades are obsolete so I'm cutting the ends off of 18" blades. And it still cuts great. It's on its seventh engine now.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #14
Traveling

Quote:
And it still cuts great. It's on its seventh engine now.
7 engines. You don't like to let go.

She sorta deserves a coat of paint for being such a trooper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cadet.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	17824

We had a Cub Cadet 154 Loboy we bought new from the dealer in 1972. We used it until 2007 and sold it for more than we paid. Ours had the Woods deck, not the cheesy one this one does.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lo boy.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	17825
Old 12-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #15
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
7 engines. [emoji144] You don't like to let go.

She sorta deserves a coat of paint for being such a trooper.

Attachment 17824

We had a Cub Cadet 154 Loboy we bought new from the dealer in 1972. We used it until 2007 and sold it for more than we paid. Ours had the Woods deck, not the cheesy one this one does.

Attachment 17825
Nice lo boy rusty
Not that I don't like to let go- just costs so little to repair rebuild versus buy a$1000 new one that won't last as long. Most of it is bushings bearings and belts and one 10' box of chain every 3 years. And a single length of 3/4" keyed shaft. Last overhaul cost less than $800 including tires. Buy a riding mower for that.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #16
Bus Nut

Quote:
Nice lo boy rusty
Not that I don't like to let go- just costs so little to repair rebuild versus buy a$1000 new one that won't last as long. Most of it is bushings bearings and belts and one 10' box of chain every 3 years. And a single length of 3/4" keyed shaft. Last overhaul cost less than $800 including tires. Buy a riding mower for that.

BTW I want my Cadet105 stickers to reflect the engine upgrade.

Old 01-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #17
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathhaven View Post

Try hemmings motor news...it's a antique

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #18
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
He lost his title and DMV wants a value, I think. He wants to bring in a book to show them.
Lost titles are a nightmare...it's essentially impossible in Texas...find a mechanic and work a deal with him to get a mechanic's lien...he can get a title...then transfer it to you...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #19
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
NEVER buy a vehicle without a transferable title unless you have done your research and know exactly what you are getting into.

There are companies out there who will get you a title, for a fee.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:47 PM   #20
Bus Crazy

Year: 1971
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: International Loadstar 1700
Engine: 345 international V-8
Looks like you do not have to send out the notice, as that only applies to under 30 years old. Wish Virginia had a form like this, sure would make things easier.
Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote