Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 AM   #271
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Rated Cap: 50k
Hi Bob - regarding the aerial photo taker... You may already know but just in case, there are some that more like RC planes and some that are photo platforms. The former are more challenging to fly and more capable flyers (loops and such), the latter are incredibly stable, practically fly themselves, and come equipped with a very good camera (UHD 4K), camera mount (gimble), and software that provides all sorts of photo/video capabilities (follow me, orbit, various flight modes, etc.). They each do their intended mission very well but don't cross the line very well.

I haven't watched prices for the last couple years but at that time, the photo platforms were fairly spendy once the necessary gear was added. However; they are tremendous fun and produce fantastic photos and videos for ones collection.
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #272
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, AT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Yep, I'm not sure that line is black and white anymore. I want to say the guy I work with is on the photo side of the fence but he also goes to competitions that are obstacle courses. Flying thru loops, around and thru tress, etc. and they are doing it by the on board camera.

The reason I say he's on the photo side is he's trying to break in to the commercial usage side of the business. He was talking about working as a consulter because there aren't many trained pilots. Also talking about doing photo work. Overfly your property you're trying to sell, chasing you in your race car, etc. Not sure what all he's looked at.

Anywho, he gave me a couple of brand names for the platforms (includes camera) and told me what to look for. The cameras were a minimum of 1080P I think. Not that it's legal or that I would but he knows I'm looking for something to take pics of National Parks. Nat Geo needs special permission to fly in National Parks and they have far better credentials, budget, equipment, and talent than I do.
Old 10-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #273
Bus Nut

Finally got the medicine cabinet up! Getting the cabinet mounted was easy - creating a structure to which it could be mounted it was the time consuming bit.

Taking a good photo of it without a wide angle lens has proven rather difficult - this is the best I can do.

Of course, I cracked one of the mirrors in the process while kicking it around on the floor. Thankfully, the crack adds a great deal of character. Plus, it's kind of fun- like those goofy mirrors at the carnival.

The back splash is the same type of tile I used on the shower/bathroom wall. It hasn't been grouted yet.

Currently at a nice spot in Nevada.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #274
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post

Of course, I cracked one of the mirrors in the process while kicking it around on the floor. Thankfully, the crack adds a great deal of character. Plus, it's kind of fun- like those goofy mirrors at the carnival.

Wow, JD, that loks great! I like the look of the bowl sink, but never owned one. Is one of your crew an interior designer, or just have good eye? Looking good !

Love the postcard you photoshopped your bus into.

I'm sorry about the mirror and 7 years of bad luck.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:10 PM   #275
Bus Nut

Coachwork: International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 65 pax
Quote:
Finally got the medicine cabinet up! Getting the cabinet mounted was easy - creating a structure to which it could be mounted it was the time consuming bit.

Taking a good photo of it without a wide angle lens has proven rather difficult - this is the best I can do.

The back splash is the same type of tile I used on the shower/bathroom wall. It hasn't been grouted yet.

Gorgeous work in the bathroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WanderWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:38 PM   #276
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Wow, JD, that loks great! I like the look of the bowl sink, but never owned one. Is one of your crew an interior designer, or just have good eye? Looking good!
Thanks Rusty! I have ZERO interior design skill. I keep asking a couple family/friends to help me with colors. I know what looks good when it is done but looking at little color charts or squares of material?? Forget it - my brain has no ability to process that.

Quote:
Love the postcard you photoshopped your bus into.
HA! Yes - lots of "work"!

Quote:
I'm sorry about the mirror and 7 years of bad luck.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #277
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWoman View Post
Gorgeous work in the bathroom!
Thanks WW! Seems like just a few months ago that it was just a toilet sticking up out of the floor in a giant empty tube. Now - fairly usable!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #278
Almost There

Quote:
I think the 7 years of crazy luck started when you bought the bus, cracking the mirror is just a formality

Looks good! I also like the bowl-sink because it looks like it leaves more room in the cabinet under it (since there's only a drain, not a sink hanging down there.)
Mark_In_MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:08 PM   #279
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_In_MA View Post
I also like the bowl-sink because it looks like it leaves more room in the cabinet under it (since there's only a drain, not a sink hanging down there.)
That is not an insignificant observation.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #280
Bus Nut

Quote:
I think the 7 years of crazy luck started when you bought the bus, cracking the mirror is just a formality
HA!!

Quote:
Looks good! I also like the bowl-sink because it looks like it leaves more room in the cabinet under it (since there's only a drain, not a sink hanging down there.)
Very true! The room under the sink is nice. I may be a bit odd but I also like having the sink higher/up closer to my face. I'm not tall but it just "feels" better not being sunk down in the counter.

Tags
conversion, lithium, mci, solar