Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest View Post
Thanks for the interest even though its taken 5 months to reply. I'm pretty much at the same point as where I was a year ago sadly. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have paneling up and some framing started. I'm supposed to go on Sunday to my welder friends work shop to build a motorcycle and generator rack for the back and under storage. We will see what happens. Either way this time next week I'll be gearing up to head out west in the bus. Really nervous but it's something I have to do! Let's see if she survives the desert and a 6000 mile trip...pictures to come!
Nice to see ya back on here.
Should stop by on your way north!
Old 08-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #12
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Goshen
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Voyage View Post
If you havenít bought new tires yet Iíd suggest you get a used to replace the blow out. My dad was in the tire industry for 40 years so if you tell me the brand of tire beside it Iíll ask him what it can match up with.
I believe the ones in the back are 8/R-19.5 I was told they are an older style of tire and that they are getting harder to find...used tires at least. I think I have samsons similar to these: https://simpletire.com/samson-8-r19....oaAmvHEALw_wcB

Thanks for the tip!
Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:24 PM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Nice to see ya back on here.
Should stop by on your way north!
Yeah man I'll see what I can do. We might be heading out early (but I have a feeling we won't) I'll shoot you a text. Been thinking about you. Wish you were out here to help me trouble shoot my brake lights lol.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:24 AM   #14
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quest View Post
Yeah man I'll see what I can do. We might be heading out early (but I have a feeling we won't) I'll shoot you a text. Been thinking about you. Wish you were out here to help me trouble shoot my brake lights lol.
I responded in the other thread but If you turn on your key you should hear that big solenoid click. If it doesn't its bad and can cause accessories not to work. I've got a brand new one sitting around as a spare if you need one.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:23 AM   #15
Skoolie

Year: 2001
Engine: Cummins ISC 260/660
Rated Cap: 81
Those 8/19.5 are old tires that used to be on old motorhomes, buses too I guess. The newer similar size is 225/75r19.5. Never heard of Samson; it’s probably junk made in China. If it is I’d avoid it, no tires from China are any good yet. Maybe get by on the rear but definitely not the front steer tires.
If you have Samson on the front I’d take one to replace the blown rear and get 2 new steer tires.
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #16
Mini-Skoolie

So I'm not sure I mentioned this but I did replace the blown out tire a few months back. The 8r are in back of the bus. Up front I have Some goodyear 245/70r 19.5. What I really want to do is have them all the same size and put 245/70 or 225/75 all around. I figured I would buy two new steer tires and have them move the ones up front to the back and then get 2 used ones to pair with that. Or maybe used all the way around if they are in good enough shape.

I appreciate your reply it's been helpful